Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We are looking for a leader to join our FP&S team as Manager, Financial Planning & Strategy - Supply Chain. In this role, you will be the primary finance lead for Checkr’s Data Supply Chain Operations and Product teams while also driving strategic corporate initiatives. The ideal candidate has experienced success in a dynamic, high-growth, and fast-paced environment, brings a quantitative, data driven mindset, and should have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Comfort interacting at all levels of senior management (including VP, SVP and C-suite) as well as Board members is a must.
- Partner with Data Supply Chain Operations and Product Leadership by delivering financial results and KPIs, identifying issues and emerging trends, and providing a breadth of insight and financial decision support
- Lead and conduct analyses to enable data-driven decisions that optimize business performance, evaluate new investment opportunities and solve complex business challenges
- Extract and present key insights to leaders to influence decision making
- Develop data costs forecasting models, leveraging inputs from across the organization
- Partner with Supply Chain Operations to monitor vendor performance, to evaluate new vendors, and to negotiate new vendor contracts
- Lead the planning processes for Supply Chain organization by implementing scalable and consistent processes to enable operational excellence in business planning, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting
- Deliver quarterly analyses and reporting of the business' financial results and KPIs, including variances to plan, ensuring key issues, risks, and business drivers are understood and highlighted
What you bring:
- Minimum of 4+ years in finance, with 2+ years experience leading and developing teams
- Proven track record in building and growing outstanding finance teams with best practices in a fast-growing environment
- Quantitative & analytical mindset with strong attention to detail
- Deep experience working in high-growth environments with a proven ability to identify and drive impactful financial outcomes, and to manage complex projects across multiple teams
- Prior experience in a combination of investment banking, management consulting, and private equity strongly preferred
- Strong executive leadership skills with experience partnering at the Board, investor, and executive management levels
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with proven experience in cultivating collaborative working relationships with teams across an organization
- Demonstrates the Checkr core values of Grit, Humility, Transparency, Connection and Ownership
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $113,433 - $133,450.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.