Manager, Credit at Brightspeed (Charlotte, NC)
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
Check us out on the web!Job Description
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Credit to join our growing team! As Manager, Credit, you will report directly to the Director, Customer Financial Services. You will be responsible for the entire credit granting process, including the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses. You will analyze, evaluate, and report on the company’s credit activities. You will assist with the development and continued enhancement of company-wide and product-specific risk assessments, credit policies and procedures. You will perform ongoing monitoring of credit practices to ensure products are in full compliance with applicable credit policies. You will manage, lead, and develop the credit team. Come help us build the best and fastest fiber-optic network in America!
As Manager, Credit, you will have the following duties:
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of financial, accounting, and additional support systems
- Identify any improvement opportunities in this area and to contribute to the design and implementation of new strategies, processes, or procedures as a result of identifying improvement opportunities
- Perform and manage the credit granting process, credit screening strategy and analysis
- Support synergies in credit screening, fraud prevention and strategic vendor relationships
- Create, analyze, and interpret reports for Director and other leaders providing recommendations to guide business decisions
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and controls
- Field issue escalations from internal customers or delivery partners and responds to customer inquiries as requested, ensuring issue and error resolution
- Identify improvement opportunities for their work stream and works closely with either the internal team or service providers to enable the implementation of improvement opportunities
- Assist in assessing the services delivered by the service providers and validating that performance metrics established by service level agreements are met as applicable
- Manage, evaluate, and maintain credit policies
- Leverage and collaborate with appropriate compliance personnel, legal resources, and other disciplines
- Maintain a professional credit staff with sufficient knowledge, skills, and experience to meet the responsibilities of the Customer Financial Services department including but not limited to hiring, evaluating, monitoring, terminating, counseling, and recognizing and developing personnel
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field
- 5+ years' experience in credit management with at least 2 years at the supervisory level
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing with appropriate detail, judgement, and discretion at all levels of the organization including senior management
- Relationship-builder and strong listening skills
- Demonstrate competence, professionalism, and leadership presence: objective and free from undue influence, convey sound judgement, build trust, collaborative, insightful, proactive and future-focused
- Well–organized, ensuring that all deliverables are met on time with excellent results and anticipates implementation or workload issues related to emerging developments
- Demonstrates integrity and the highest ethical standards in all aspects
- Ability to learn complex systems, process quickly and be able to convey that knowledge to others
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Telecommunications industry experience
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We meet you where you are...wherever you are, by providing sensible remote and hybrid work arrangements. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please be advised that Brightspeed (Connect Holding LLC) requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to the Company’s legal obligations including potentially accommodating an employee’s sincerely held religious beliefs or medical condition.