Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate, high performing team players who can take new challenges and go the extra mile.
The Finance team oversees the company's financial well-being while supporting operational and business planning in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. We work hard to ensure growth is accurately projected and managed and that our financial results are properly accounted for. We provide financial analysis to determine key operational decisions within a rapidly growing organization. We only hire the best to these teams, and your work will have a huge impact on the future success of this rapidly growing company.
This position requires a finance professional capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing and fluid organization. You must be highly analytical, organized and skilled at communication and problem solving. The successful candidate will adapt quickly to change and will champion the advancement of FP&A processes tools and financial modeling that will enhance the FP&A and overall finance function.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Own the Three Statement Model for DigitalOcean; partner with key stakeholders in the business to inform our near and long-term strategies and related operational metrics/targets
- Champion the advancement of FP&A processes, tools, and financial modeling to enhance the FP&A and overall finance function
- Partner with Investor Relations, Corporate Treasury, Corporate Development and other key strategic decision makers within our organization to better inform our roadmap to external and internal stakeholders
- Prepare presentations and key reporting to the Board of Directors and Executive Team
- Partner with our Go-To-Market function to help understand, track, and forecast our sales generated revenues and related compensation plans; create various scenario analyses to better understand risks & opportunities for the business
- Drive improvements in KPI reporting and tracking
- Work cross functionally to understand the financial impact of, and help prioritize, new business initiatives and investments, including M&A
- Develop business cases and analysis to inform and support business and financial decisions
- Assist in coordinating the annual budget and quarterly forecasts working with stakeholders across the business
- Work to drive operational efficiency across the organization
- Partner with our People Team to help drive efficiencies in our hiring processes as well as ensure forecast accuracy as it relates to talent acquisition across various organizations
- Work with executive leadership to ensure people investments are aligned with business strategy
What You'll Add to DigitalOcean:
- Strong analytical, financial modeling, and problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly grasp and apply analytical concepts
- Experience in investment banking, FP&A, venture-backed high-growth company or a fast-paced Fortune 500 environment
- Experience in Looker, Tableau, SQL, VBA, or similar tools/programming languages a plus
- Experience in procurement, vendor management, negotiation, and cost reduction a plus, preferably in both private and public company settings
- Experience in financial forecasting, planning and analysis and operational budget management, preferably in a business partner facing role
- Demonstrated ability to consistently work within fixed timeframes and meet deadlines
- Proactive communicator with excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to build consensus, lead cross functional teams, and facilitate decisions without authority
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy and precision; detail-oriented, highly-organized and resourceful
- Exceptional work ethic, team mentality, positive attitude, highly-driven, self-motivated, and excellent business partnering skills
- Passion for technology and genuine desire to make meaningful contributions on a team with big aspirations
- Bachelor's degree required
Why You'll Like Working for DigitalOcean :
- We reward our employees . The salary range for this position is based on relevant years of experience and skills. Employees may qualify for a bonus in addition to base salary; bonus amounts are determined based on company and individual performance. We also provide equity compensation to eligible employees including grants of equity upon hire and the option to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging our teams and employees to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship and other internal programs. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your well-being. In addition to cash and equity compensation, we also offer employees a competitive array of benefits. In the United States, these include health insurance, unlimited vacation, retirement benefits, a generous parental leave program, and additional resources to support employees' overall well-being. While the philosophy around our benefits is the same worldwide, specific benefits may vary in other countries due to local regulations and preferences.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Click here !
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!