Manager, Corporate Accounting at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Manager, Corporate Accounting will oversee core corporate accounting functions including areas such as the month-end close reporting package, general ledger maintenance, fixed assets, prepaids, cash, and investments. Additionally, the Manager will help drive projects including major process improvement initiatives and acquisition support. Managing a team, the Manager will provide leadership to achieve desired results and enable the continued growth the Company will continue to experience.
- Leading a team of 3-4 including coaching, career development, monthly closes, general ledger management and optimization, and finance future state initiatives.
- Own internal control environment for assigned areas.
- Work cross-functionally and with the accounting/finance group to prepare and execute against Corporate initiatives.
- Assistance with providing 10Q and 10K/SEC required reporting information.
- Participate in acquisitions and dispositions, including due diligence, purchase accounting and post-acquisition integration activities.
- Identify opportunities for and champion accounting process evolution.
- Drive a continuous improvement mindset through identifying automation opportunities, process improvements or improved reporting capabilities to support decision making across the organization.
- Drive cross functional projects to enable and influence positive outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA required.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting-related work (large corporation and/or Big 4 public accounting experience a significant plus)
- Significant experience with U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting matters
- Previous work experience in a corporate accounting or technical accounting role
- Experience supervising, coaching and developing staff
- Knowledge/experience in major ERP platforms (NetSuite experience a plus)
- Ability to take full ownership of assignments and be self-motivated
- Exceptional leadership and staff development/mentoring capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure of time constraints.
- Demonstrates strong change agility
- Attention to detail and thoroughness
- Process and process improvement oriented