We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Coinbase, Inc. BSA/AML Compliance Quality Assurance (“CQA”) Team plays a critical role in achieving our mission. The CQA Team is a near-time quality validation function focused on providing confidence that the company’s business processes and controls are operating effectively and efficiently in meeting the BSA/AML compliance obligations and industry best practices. As a Manager of the CQA Team, you will be building a high-performing team of CQA associates who are passionate about regulatory compliance in the cryptocurrency industry. You will help businesses achieve operational excellence in a compliant manner by providing insights through ongoing quality assurance reviews.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Develop and execute a risk-based Quality Assurance (“QA”} Program focused on CDD, EDD, PEP/sanctions screening, AML alerts investigations, SAR/no SAR decision and filings, rejected/blocked transactions reporting, and other compliance workstreams.
- Set up a cadence of QA reviews for each in-scope functions/activities, standard QA workflow, and sampling approach.
- Establish a weighting calculation/scoring methodology for material findings and quality issues.
- Create QA checklists, instructions, and workpaper templates.
- Lead the execution of QA reviews and inspect the quality of work performed by team members.
- Produce well-supported metrics-driven QA reports with insights and recommendations to business stakeholders.
- Maintain a central repository containing the results of QA reviews and track recommended corrective actions.
- Provide clear and concise reporting of the QA Program health and identified issues/themes to senior management.
- Build a strong and skillful team through ongoing guidance, coaching and training to staff.
- Cultivate a trusted relationship with business partners through collaborating on procedural and process enhancements.
- Monitor and stay current with BSA/AML regulatory requirements, industry developments, and best practices.
- Support other QA Program related initiatives including internal/external regulatory exams/audits and strategic projects.
- Continuously add value through effective project management and efficient execution.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Hands-on experience in designing and executing QA programs and managing QA teams across a diverse range of financial services/products
- Advanced experience in working across multiple AML systems and programs simultaneously (e.g., experience in combinations of KYC, AML, and sanctions)
- In-depth knowledge of BSA/AML laws, regulations, and rules for financial services/products
- Track record of delivering work outcome to budget and meet quality standard
- Proficient in developing and producing metrics and reporting
- Strong written/verbal communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Highly-motivated, analytical, organized, innovative, and adaptive
- Good presentation skills, multi-tasking capability, team-oriented, and a self-starter
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with global partners in other functional units
- Exceptional work ethic and flexibility to work extended hours to meet deadlines, when necessary
- Ability to work with limited direction from management when situations occur
- Experience in using data extraction and analysis tools (e.g. SQL, Tableau, SAS, Snowflake)
- Intermediate to advanced level in PowerPoint/Google Slides and Excel/Google Sheets
- B.A./B.S. degree in business, finance, and other related fields
Nice to haves:
- Experience with and/or keen interest in cryptocurrency
- Experience with or previous exposure to financial services regulators or Big 4 accounting firms
- Professional certifications (e.g. CAMS, CFCS, CFE, and CRCM)
- Advanced understanding of JIRA and Salesforce Service Cloud
Sound cool? Let's work together.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $140,500 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k))
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.