Manager, Accounting at Capital One (Washington DC)
Does the idea of working with and leading professional, highly trained accountants and other professionals inspire you? Are you an accounting professional with a demonstrated ability to work well in teams, develop new ideas, and take ownership of your projects? Are you a project management professional with a strong knowledge of accounting? Would you like the opportunity to individually contribute and lead a team? Would you like to work in a collaborative environment where your contributions are recognized and rewarded, all while having a work-life balance? If so, opportunities for professional and personal fulfillment in a dynamic, progressive organization await you at Capital One!
We are seeking a highly motivated professional to join the Controllers Group as an Accounting Manager with a focus on project execution. You will execute on high priority projects for the company in support of our strategy and vision. You will be a self-starter responsible for managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast paced, time sensitive environment. The Controller's Group supports the financial implementation of new products, services, and systems with countless opportunities for knowledge growth.
In this role you will:
- Serve as the main point of contact and own various projects in the pipeline from the planning phase through delivery and stabilization
- Lead and assist in the development, testing and implementation of project requirements
- Leverage problem solving and influencing skills to ensure project plans deliver on intent
- Review team's progress and issues during projects, along with providing guidance and support to ensure timely delivery
- Contribute to Process Improvement through project development and knowledge sharing
- Build relationships and collaborate with both our local teams, and with multiple teams across the organization on various corporate initiatives
- Have excellent communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders at all levels across the company to manage, inform and influence outcomes
- Facilitate the consistent use of the Agile methodology for delivering projects
- Present results, findings, risks and recommendations to Agile Team leadership and Global Finance stakeholder
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in accounting, or in external financial reporting, or in audit or in finance, or a combination
- At least 1 year of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and reconciliation system experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- At least 1 years of people management
- At least 1 years of Agile project management experience
- At least 1 year of experience with Jira
- At least 1 year of experience in product management
- At least 3 years of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and reconciliation system experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).