Manager, Accounting Transformation (Remote) at Guild
For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a Manager, Accounting Transformation function is a key player in our accounting organization and will report to the Chief Accounting Officer. You will be required to quickly understand the depth and breadth of the Record-to-Report and Order-to-Cash functions and processes and provide strategic and tactical support, thought and operational leadership to help execute projects and process improvements, as well as support the ERP enhancements. To be successful, you will be a critical thinker and have a proven track record in bringing ideas and initiatives to life. You possess the ability to interact effectively with cross-functional teams as you build reporting and analytics capabilities for the accounting organization. We are looking for an individual who has excellent systems and process building skills, outstanding problem-solving skills, strong understanding of general ledger accounting and GAAP and enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment to support our continued success and growth
As the Manager, Accounting Transformation, you will:
- Standardize and improve accounting processes across the Record-to-Report and Order-to-Cash functions.
- Lead development of continuous improvement programs, implementation, and maintenance of processes, systems, controls, and policies for the accounting organization.
- Assist in driving the accounting transformation program including ERP improvements, implementation of future ERP features and functionality, while incorporating best practices and technology solutions.
- Collaborate with IT to drive business requirements, data gathering/migration and UAT testing to help implement technical solutions to standardize, automate and simplify processes.
- Participate in change management activities associated with all process improvements, engaging leadership and partners to acquire support and consensus for continued change.
- Develop performance metrics to measure the impact of implemented process changes.
- Collaborate with various teams in the accounting organization, Risk and Controls, FP&A and IT to ensure development and implementation of appropriate processes, operations and systems.
- Provide operational oversight on the future design and approach to help scale the continued growth of Guild’s business.
- Engage weekly with key business partners to stay in alignment with the project's objectives and outcomes as it pertains to meeting business needs, company goals and initiatives.
- Understand business initiatives to regularly assess accounting systems to identify gaps and develop a strategy to meet current and future business needs.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 6-8 years of progressive accounting, systems and operational experience
- Bachelor's in Accounting, Finance, or other relevant field
- Strong foundation in accounting and GAAP
- Strong functional knowledge and experience in the Record-to Report and Order-to-cash areas.
- Past experience working for a public company and strong understanding of SOX requirements
- Demonstrated experience as a leader with outstanding business insight, problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Experience in Finance ERP or system implementations, preferably in a fast-growing public company including successfully enhancing and streamlining processes (NetSuite a plus)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Proven organizational skills and ability to work both independently and collaboratively, manage multiple projects, and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to interact with all organization levels and team members in multiple locations and time zones
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $105,000 - $135,000 as well as company stock options.#LI-SM1
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 15 days of PTO/vacation in the first year. After your first year (or for Guilders in Director+ positions), you transition into an open vacation policy.
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.