Octane is a Fintech company whose mission is to connect people with their passions. The transaction process for large purchases such as powersports, RVs, boats, and home improvements is slow and frustrating, but Octane is changing that through automated underwriting, innovative credit products, and financing through our in-house lender Roadrunner Financial. Octane reaches millions of enthusiasts through editorial brands like Cycle World and Cycle Volta and helps consumers buy their favorite products with instant, frictionless financing on Octane.co. Octane is revolutionizing lending in under-served verticals that account for tens of billions of dollars in annual transactions.
Octane is gaining traction quickly with customers, as evidenced by growth in originations through our platform of more than $1B since inception. Octane works with more than 3,500 merchants in the USA and offers promotional financing with low rates for more than 40 OEM brands. Because we’re the platform and the lender, we have both high growth and positive unit economics - rare for a fintech. We have raised more than $192M in capital from leading investors, including Valar Ventures, IA Ventures, Contour Venture Partners, Third Prime, Progressive Insurance and Citi Ventures and our lending securities are rated AA by Standard & Poor’s.
The Loan and Revenue Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day loan accounting and cash management functions. This position will be responsible for ensuring that the Company’s accounting processes, including policies, are in accordance with US GAAP.
- Specific areas this role will be exposed to include revenue management, loan accounting, cash management.
- Oversight of daily cash management including the accurate and timely processing of all wires and cash movements ensuring all activity is properly recorded.
- Identify and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting process.
- Assist in preparation of management reporting of revenue and operating expenditure with insights and analysis of business drivers (financial and non-financial) with a view of cost control /optimization, reduce adverse variance and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Support SOX and external audit processes.
- Manage, train and mentor accounting staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or related major.
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting/finance functions, preferably within financial services.
- Strong working knowledge of MS office.
- Experience with NetSuite, FloQast, Workiva preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Self-starter requiring minimal management direction and oversight/driven/self-motivated.
- Strong organization skills and demonstrates flexibility to juggle several unique tasks at once.
- Robust Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Up to 5 weeks time off (self-managed)
- Retirement Plan (401k) with Company non-elective contribution AND company match!
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement up to $3K/year
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Team Activities (remotely)
- Robust Ancillary benefits including accident insurance, hospital insurance, etc