Life and Annuity Projection Actuary at Protective Life (Birmingham, AL)
| Birmingham, AL
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:09 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, May 18, 2022
The work we do has an impact on millions of lives, and you can be a part of it.
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
We are currently seeking a Life and Annuity Projection Actuary to join our modeling team. The selected candidate will be part of a team responsible for in force projection initiatives related to Protective’s life and annuity business that is valued and projected on PolySystems actuarial software. This role will have heavy interaction with the product-specific projection and valuation leaders. Also, the position will interact with other areas of the company, including product development, risk management, corporate planning, accounting and finance.
- Perform projections and advanced analytics to support all regulatory and business requirements, including some or all of the following:
- Business plan
- Embedded Value
- Annual cash flow testing and RBC exercise
- International Capital Standards
- Perform projections and advanced analytics related to in force business, which may include:
- Analysis of period over period projection results at a company and product level, explaining, documenting and communicating changes.
- Dynamic validations of projection models at a company and product level.
- Support other areas of the company when question arise about actual experience, reinsurance notices, possible acquisitions, etc.
- Develop tools to support analysis of results more effectively, including implementation of new technology like visual analysis software.
- Provide modeling expertise, testing, and analysis for implementing new functionality in models, which may include dynamic assumptions, predictive models, and future point stochastic modeling.
- Perform Value of New Business calculation to support Embedded Value reporting, including:
- Working with product-specific projection leaders to build well-defined, controlled processes and procedures for calculating VNB each period.
- Apply analytical tools to enable better understanding of VNB and comparisons to Corporate Goals VNB.
- Create reports, memos and documentation needed to effectively communicate VNB results and explain changes to period over period.
- Ideal candidate will be a near-ASA, ASA or FSA with at least 3 years of actuarial experience related to asset/liability modeling, pricing or financial reporting
- Experience with PolySystems is a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of Statutory and U.S. GAAP valuation methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and curiosity to drill into questions and issues to gain full understanding in order to share insights and explanations.
- Able to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Experience with SQL and visual analytics software like Power BI or Tableau is a plus. The ability to learn and adapt to these programs is a requirement.
This position is an in office position
We aim to protect our employees' wellbeing through a broad benefits offering. For example, we protect physical wellbeing through health, dental and vision insurance. We protect mental wellbeing through mental health benefits and an employee assistance program. We protect time away from work with a variety of paid time away benefits (e.g., paid time off, paid parental leave, short-term disability, and a cultural observance day). We protect financial wellbeing through contributions to healthcare accounts, a pension plan, and a 401(k) plan with Company matching. All employees are encouraged to protect their overall wellbeing by engaging in ProHealth Rewards, Protective’s platform to improve wellbeing while earning cash rewards.
Eligibility for certain benefits may vary by position in accordance with the terms of the Company’s benefit plans.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees fully contribute and thrive. We have always been a values-driven culture. Doing the right thing and serving people are part of our DNA, and we believe that valuing and embracing different backgrounds and perspectives is what makes us unique.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
More Information on Protective Life
Protective Life operates in the Insurance industry. The company is located in Birmingham, AL. Protective Life was founded in 2022. It has 2912 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 50 open jobs at Protective Life, click here.
Read Full Job Description