Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
As we grow, Affirm is diversifying our financial product portfolio and providing more ways for customers to interact with Affirm! This candidate will be a part of a larger group passionate about the transformation of the CFO organization at Affirm! Some key priorities are creating automated reconciliation and accounting close processes to reduce manual work and enable our team to consume and utilize streaming, enriched data. This will involve leveraging technology and product to streamline core financial operational processes including our month-end close process, internal reporting, regulatory reporting and ad-hoc data needs.
This high profile product role will focus on discovering, delivering, and optimizing capabilities that fundamentally transform how Affirm’s executive leaders (like our CEO and CFO) use financial information. You’ll enable us to deliver valuable insights using modernized technologies and core data services.
The right person will have a deep technical background in complex systems (ideally in the finance space), strong execution capabilities in a heavily matrixed environment, and a history of building strong partnerships while delivering high impact business results. Most importantly, you’ll bring deep customer empathy, balanced with a laser focus on delivering the right functionality to serve those needs.What you’ll do
- Define the long-term strategy for financial system data, product ecosystem, and automation
- Own and execute the roadmap for your products–communicate both the business value and the technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Partner with Finance leadership (particularly accounting, strategic finance and financial partnerships), engineering, PMs, and other cross-functional business partners to ensure they have the right information to engage with the central team and ensure happy end users.
- Collaborate with product teams across Affirm to support broad initiatives that work with Affirm’s financial systems (e.g., international expansion, large merchant integrations, and new product verticals/ expansion)
- 6+ years crafting and delivering world-class platform products in a product management role with a focus on cross-functional and distributed teams
- 3+ years in highly complicated finance products (i.e. Financial analytics, Finance general ledger, Treasury, tax, accounts receivable, accounts payable & procurement functional domains)
- Working knowledge of data warehousing ecosystems and familiarity with fundamental principles
- Proven solutions leader in at least one full lifecycle of ERP/Finance Systems implementation and/or major enterprise business applications.
- Experience with Looker and Snowflake is preferred
- Experience with the following systems is a nice-to-have; ERP (NetSuite), Coupa, Anaplan, Salesforce, GSuite, Tableau.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science, Finance or equivalent experience.
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.