Lead Pricing Specialist at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
This position in Payment Services' Global Pricing Organization is responsible for evaluation of pricing strategies and solutions that drive revenue yield and the advancement of pricing infrastructure within Payment Services. The primary focus is to manage and grow revenue yield for Payment services through conduction of pricing analysis that ensure account-level and program level profitability, delivery of pricing solutions and monitoring of current strategy or pricing proposal performance. This position is also responsible for working with internal departments to ensure that strategies are implemented and communicated properly. This requires a fair knowledge of competitive pricing practices, the drivers of the revenue, rates and fees for a wide variety of external client types (i.e., merchants, acquirers, networks, issuers, etc.) as well as an ability to identify cross functional implications and system support of pricing components. This position also evaluates a pipeline of pricing initiatives and requests under evaluation for review and approval ensuring requests are evaluated in a consistent and rigorous manner and that all audit, risk and governance requirements are met. This position works closely with personnel across all functions to make recommendations that contribute to various strategy efforts, pricing systems enhancements and other initiatives designed to grow acceptance, sales volume and revenue. It is unlikely that this position manages direct reports.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to solve business problems using pricing solutions, collaborating and coordinating with internal stakeholders to make recommendations.
- Assist in the development of robust pricing strategies and policies for various partnerships – most specifically the Diners Club and Global Acceptance partners.
- Stay abreast of competitive pricing trends and utilize knowledge for policy recommendations as well as analytics, client, and product strategies and risk assessment.
- Perform quantitative analyses on internal data (e.g. xx, yy, zz) and external data (e.g. industry research, analyst reports, zz) sources to develop these robust pricing strategies and policies.
- Deliver interchange and network fee solutions and strategies for various products and industries. Support and guide Discover staff through these proposed interchange and network solutions.
- Develop pricing strategies for new and evolving products and services, particularly focusing on tokenization, authentication, fraud management and data services.
- Continuously search for, gather and synthesize external data to enable benchmarking and to inform pricing strategies and policies. Develop a comprehensive database for reference.
- Effectively communicate pricing changes to internal colleagues. Partner with these colleagues to persuasively communicate these pricing changes to issuing and acquiring partners.
- Develop strong, collaborative working relationships with Global Pricing, Operations, International Markets and the Global Acceptance teams.
- Assist in the delivery and implementation of the procedures and business rules required to support stated pricing policies, as well as the documentation and communication of policy both internally and externally.
- Establish, document and formalize processes and controls to drive greater operational efficiencies and excellence for critical initiatives and deliverables. Address risks and opportunities with existing procedures.
- Responsible for delivering the procedures and business rules required to support stated policy, as well as the documentation and communication of policy both internally and externally.
- Presents the results of mathematical modeling and data analyses to management or other key business area decision makers.
- Performs thorough, detailed, and precise financial and mathematical analysis or visual representations of business initiatives/problems in support of the identification of pricing proposals, solutions, or performance monitoring.
- Collaborates with management and other key business area decision makers to identify and solve a variety of issues, clarify management objectives, and ensure successful implementation of chosen solutions.
- Manage and track policy, volume, and revenue performance by partner and enterprise-wide.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting, Marketing, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Pricing, Financial Services, Transaction Processing, Analytics
- Deep Excel Expertise
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Business
- 4+ years of experience in payment services, transaction processing, project management, consulting, or similar work environment (s) with a dynamic scope of work.
- SQL, Teradata
- Strong problem solver with ability to prioritize issues and identify the best solution
- Ability to track record of creativity in problem solving and flexibility in adapting to new requirements as the role evolves.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills—capable and comfortable with developing and providing well-structured communications, presentations, and reporting to all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a "peer" with functions.
- Highly proficient in Excel and other spreadsheet tools.
- Extremely strong organization and project management skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Intellectual curiosity related to payments and/or Fintech.
- Ability to effectively move through a matrixed organization.
- Analytical acumen with the ability to effectively synthesize insights from quantitative and qualitative data.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.