Lead AML Compliance Specialist at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Lead AML Compliance Specialist will assist in the development of all programmatic elements in the design and execution of an effective AML/CTF and Sanctions Risk Program. The individual in this position will report to the Sr. Mgr. Enterprise AML Risk Program to determine and carry out the effective implementation of Program requirements and collaborate with the AML/CTF and Sanctions Officer and key business partners in this regard
- Assists in developing & maintaining relevant methodologies and tools (including but not limited to Enterprise AML and Sanctions Risk Assessment Methodology, as well as the Jurisdiction Risk Rating Methodology).
- Executes complex risk assessments for multiple legal entities and lines of business within DFS.
- Provides cross-functional subject matter expertise for critical strategic projects.
- Assists in responding to inquiries from federal & state regulators and internal auditors.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Finance, Technology, Business, Compliance
- 2+ years of experience in AML, Data Analytics, Finance/Operational Planning, Process Management, Compliance
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in AML, Data Analytics, Finance/Operational Planning, Process Management, Compliance
- CAMS certification or ability to obtain within one year of hire.
If we had our say, we would also look for:
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Finance, Technology, Business, Compliance
- 4+ years of experience in AML, Data Analytics, Finance/Operational Planning, Process Management, Compliance
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.