Please note that we're not actively seeking to fill this position. We are always happy to hear from brilliant people, but we cannot guarantee a quick response to any inquiries submitted regarding this posting.
Are you a perfectionist who loves balanced ledgers, accurate financial statements and easy-to-understand invoices, with a passion for doing things right? Do you love numbers, but also see the bigger picture? Do you like puppies and Beer Fridays (albeit not while doing the books)? If so, Nebo might be your next home.
Being a Jr. Finance Specialist at Nebo
Nebo is a human-centered agency that’s built on a culture of respect, professional growth, and care for every employee. As a Jr. Finance Specialist at Nebo, you won’t just take part in that culture — you’ll extend it to our internal teams and clients. You’ll work with our internal teams to make sure we have accurate and transparent invoicing for our clients as well as ensure the best user experience for anyone who interacts with the financial aspects of our agency. With initiative and attention to detail, this position also offers opportunities for career growth at Nebo.
Nebo is a human-centered agency built on a culture of respect, professional growth and care for every employee. With numerous perks, including hybrid in-office/remote work or fully remote work options designed to fit your needs, unlimited PTO, and free attendance to local marketing events, join this fun-loving team that occasionally talks Slack Smack.
Jr. Finance Specialist Responsibilities
- Maintain and improve system to account for financial transactions (primarily creating, editing and reconciling invoices, payments and other transactions as needed)
- Work with our Accounting Firm to provide cohesive and accurate bookkeeping processes to enable them to provide quality services for Nebo
- Maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating and posting transactions
- Work with management team to allocate revenue across departments and service lines
- Maintain historical records by filing documents
- Work with Nebo’s Paid Media team to invoice, reconcile and help co-manage spend allocation for our clients
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information and trends
- Alert project managers and management when client invoices become past due
- Comply with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying requirements, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing reports and advising management on needed actions
- Collaborate with various internal teams at Nebo to provide transparent and quality invoicing and payment experiences for our clients
Jr. Finance Specialist Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, best practices and rules
- Knowledge of QuickBooks
- Ability to develop standards and analyze information
- Ability to deal with complexity
- Possess data entry skills
- Possess high standards of attention to detail, confidentiality and thoroughness
- Proactive and independent — ability to identify problems and opportunities without being asked
- Ability to manage project deadlines through completion and juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Ability to ask the right questions, pursue the data with intensity and aim to add as much clarity as possible to every situation
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills