IT Manager , Financial Systems (GL, Controlling, Consolidation, Treasury and Banking) at Brightspeed (Remote)
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by private equity firm Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
Check us out on the web!Job Description
We are currently looking for an IT Manager - Financial Systems to join our growing IT Finance Team! As IT Manager - Financial Systems will support the Director, Financial Systems in the development, implementation, and administration of the organization's financial systems. You will research requirements and liaise across the company to ensure that systems are modified to meet the most recent Business Requirements, Processes and reporting standards, as well as the needs of key business leadership and finance colleagues. Functional accountability includes supporting the finance business units from financial systems standpoint. You will establish best practices for financial systems use and ensure these practices are used throughout the organization. Finance systems includes SAP ERP (S/4 HANA), Cloud based reporting systems, Consolidation tools, EDI platforms and Interfaces to banking and other third-party systems. Come help us build the best and fastest fiber-optic network in America!
As Manager, Systems Decision Support, your duties will include:
- Work closely with Business leaders, Process Champions, Implementation partners and Cross functional Teams to design, build, test and implement comprehensive and efficient financial platforms, systems and processes
- Monitor, control, analyze, evaluate, and recommend further adaptation or modifications of financial system that will assist the company to achieve the efficiencies and productivity increases
- Establish General Ledger reconciliation and financial consolidation processes between seller’s and new company to effectively produce period end reporting, management reporting and controlling
- Perform trial balance reviews, submissions, and system reconciliations in support of M&A activities and the consolidation process (Group reporting)
- Coordinate period-end global accounting close activities, providing accurate and timely journal entries, robust balance sheet account reconciliations, and financial reporting.
- Support external and internal reporting and analysis needs of the business, ensuring compliance with corporate deadlines and requirements.
- Track and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) focused on current and future performance.
- Responsible for financial controls, responding to internal/external audit requests, ensuring corporate policy and SOX compliance in all phases of the Finance processes
- You will manage Financial Systems Analysts and train departmental staff as needed.
- Guide system solution and technical approach to solving business problems
- Offer strategic guidance and leadership to cross-functional teams in the IT organization that impact or are impacted by Finance applications
- Assist in cross-functional requirement sessions to elicit, document and analyze business requirements and functional specifications
- Understand business objectives, research, and provide guidance, options and proof of concepts (if appropriate) to solve business technology needs
- Evaluate product releases and identify new capabilities benefiting our organization, as well as a strategy for implementing those capabilities
- Managing deliverables, developing training documents and delivered end-user training
- Documenting and coordinating project go-live activities and performing post project go-live support.
- Become an expert in the Finance and Accounting business processes and priorities
- Responsible for planning, coordination, managing of testing cycles (Unit testing, SIT, UAT)
- Plan and manage ongoing enhancements, upgrades and support of SAP ecosystems while establishing best practices in governance, risk mitigation and audit compliance
- Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to deliver business agility, innovation, and superior user experience
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- ·Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Information Systems or Computer Science or related fields
- 8+ years of experience in an SAP FICO environment demonstrating highly competent abilities in standard software development life cycle management and project management techniques and methodologies.
- 8 + years of professional experience supporting a Finance/Accounting organization
- SAP FI/CO SME with 8 + years of hands-on configuration experience in SAP GL, Bank Accounting, FSCM (Treasury), CCA, PCA, Material ledger, COPA modules.
- Experience in designing and defining Organizational structure, and the chart of accounts structure within SAP by transforming business requirements into system specifications to meet current and future requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of SAP FICO (GL, CCA, PCA, COPA, Material ledger)
- Strong knowledge in SAP Group Reporting and SAP FSCM (Treasury)
- Strong knowledge of Banking Interfaces, such as Electronic Bank Statements (EBS), Outgoing payments (ACH, WIRE, Check), Positive pay files, Credit Card processes.
- Experience and knowledge of FICO month end closing activities
- Knowledgeable about GAAP/FCC/IFRS accounting. Experience with Intercompany transactions, eliminations, and financial consolidations.
- Solid understanding and experience of integrating SAP FICO module with other SAP modules like MM, PP, SD, PS
- Advanced experience with designing and implementing systems/applications solutions
- Demonstrated analytical skills, Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills
- Experience with system management processes, business requirements gathering, solution design and configuration, and user acceptance testing.
- Experience creating business process diagrams including business process procedures as necessary
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively design scalable solutions to meet business needs and system configuration
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong knowledge of Agile methodology, Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and changing priorities
- Ability to embrace change and assist others in accepting and moving forward with new systems and processes
- Strong active listening skills and the ability to translate needs, concerns, and solutions across functional and stakeholder groups
- Ability to solve difficult problems and deal with a variety of variables without a defined right-answers
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- SAP S/4 HANA Finance certification
- CPA or master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Telecom Industry experience
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, SAP Analytics Cloud Solutions, SAP MBC (multi bank connectivity) and Azure AD
- Product Costing (CO-PC) experience
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We meet you where you are...wherever you are, by providing sensible remote and hybrid work arrangements. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please be advised that Brightspeed (Connect Holding LLC) requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to the Company’s legal obligations including potentially accommodating an employee’s sincerely held religious beliefs or medical condition.