Investor Relations Lead at Aptos (Remote)
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
We are searching for an experienced and self-driven Investor Relations Lead to join our team. As the Investor Relations Lead, you will build out a world-class investor relations program. As an excellent communicator, this role will be a thought leader in shaping Aptos’s investor messaging and in establishing the financial narrative externally. This is a highly visible role and will partner closely with executive leadership, finance, legal, marketing, communications and other groups across Aptos.
You will be working closely with our Head of Strategy as well as our CEO as you build out our investment function. We’re interested in working with people that have developed and maintained accurate accounts of company affairs and have managed investor reporting requirements. You will have enormous autonomy to sculpt our IR practices and processes, taking full ownership over these processes when dealing with future equity and token funding rounds. Your ability to source new investment opportunities and understand our investors’ needs will be crucial to your success.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the development of a robust investor relations strategy and framework for Aptos
- Be as spokesperson of Aptos within the investor community
- Clearly articulate Aptos’s strategy, progress against KPIs, and financial performance to the investor community, thereby providing investors with accurate, useful, and relevant information about Aptos
- Monitor and report on industry and peer company information and practices by tracking research reports, news, earnings calls and other relevant resources
- Be the first point of contact for all equity or token holders, and respond to them promptly on all channels.
- Work closely with our internal teams to deliver Board and investor requests promptly
- Proactively schedule regular check-ins with our investors and activate investors appropriately
- Lead future equity and token funding rounds, including process management, proactive investor outreach, meeting agendas, allocation tracking, coordinating due diligence, transaction documentation etc
- Own relationships with exchanges, OTC desks and other crypto market partners
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: equity research, investment banking, investor relations, or management consulting.
- Deep understanding of financial modeling, valuation, investing, and investment management landscape - particularly within the financial services, fintech, & consumer tech
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills - ability to distill complex topics into a concise, consumable format
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and externally with senior executives, analysts, and investors
- Experience working at a fast-growing technology company
While our HQ is currently in Palo Alto, California, we support a 100% remote work culture and we are hiring across the world. We raised our first round of funding from some of the top firms led by a16z and Multicoin. In addition to our remote-friendly work culture, we offer the following to all Aptos employees:
- Health insurance coverage
- Equipment of your choice
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Competitive Salary
- Stock options
Aptos is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.