Inventory Accountant II at Takeda (Philadelphia, PA)
Inventory Accountant II
About the role:
- The Inventory Accountant II will be a major contributor to the financial close process and financial reporting for the Takeda Business Services Americas group.
- The primary responsibilities of this position will largely be comprised of items relating to inventory accounting and the related process.
- You will contribute to the production of accurate reporting of monthly / quarterly / annual results at the Group level.
- The accountant II will bear responsibility for certain aspects of the financial accounting results through reconciliations, analysis, and monthly journal entries. All activities of this position will be performed in conformance with our established policies as well as GAAP, SOX, and any other applicable regulatory requirements.
- You will report to the inventory Lead
How you will contribute:
- Participate in the monthly and quarterly accounting close, including the preparation of journal entries.
- Responsibilities will also include assigned accounting tasks/calculations, financial statement analysis of data to support our external SEC filings.
- Additional responsibilties may include inventory analysis of RM, WIP and FG, monitoring inventory transactions and standard cost setting within the ERP system.
- Ensure all information received by the business units, subsidiary systems, and interfaces are accurate, timely and comply with all GAAP and U.S. statutory requirements.
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations and financial statement analysis on a monthly basis. Ad Hoc analysis to support the financials and other projects.
- Participate in all aspects of internal and external financial and operational audits.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of established internal controls to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley. This will include making recommendations for enhancements or modifications to existing processes. Prepare monthly and quarterly Sarbanes-Oxley control packages per the documented requirements.
- Perform special projects.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
Knowledge of MS Excel. Functional ability in Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Oracle's JD Edwards or SAP is a strong plus, as well as experience with Hyperion Financial Manager (HFM).
- Experience with applying US GAAP to inventory transactions and solid understanding of cost accounting within a standard cost environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed. Must have the ability to interact with peers as well as management throughout the Company. Building relationships will be a key success factor for this position. Another key success factor will be the ability to handle ambiguity and to deal effectively with a constantly changing environment.
- A demonstrated customer service focus will be critical for this position. This is a service organization and that will require the highest commitment to understanding customer needs and meeting/exceeding their expectations.
- The successful candidate needs to be able to work in a fast paced environment, be creative, be energetic and be enthusiastic.
- The successful candidate will at times be the first person people encounter when contacting the Takeda Business Services Americas Group. As a result of this visibility, he/she must ensure all communications and interactions are professional, courteous and show a desire to be of service.
- This position will interact with internal teams, such as Global Manufacturing , accounts payable, various employees embedded in the business and global finance teams.
- This position will likely also interact with Manufacturing Plant personnel at various locations with the US.
- This position may also interact with external vendors and external auditors as needed.
- Must be a proactive problem solver, arriving at creative and effective recommendations for improvements and enhancements in financial and non-financial operations.
- You should be able to make recommendations to the accounting manager for improvements to current processes.
- BS Degree in Accounting required.
- CPA is not required but is a plus as is background in public accounting,
- Big 4 is a plus.
- Prior experience as part of an accounting team within a global company is preferred.
- 4+ years accounting experience with cost accounting and inventory accounting for product manufacturing
- Experience in service-oriented or shared services finance organization would be a plus.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Ways of Working
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company to inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.