International Tax Manager at Qualtrics
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can’t imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?The Challenge
Qualtrics is looking for an energetic and self-motivated individual to join our growing Finance and Tax team. We are a goal-oriented team that works hard and enjoys the incredible trajectory that Qualtrics provides. This is a job for a well-spoken, hard-working, self-starting individual with excellent social skills. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, this job is a good fit for you.A Day in the Life
- Planning – Contribute to the implementation of foreign tax-saving strategies. Participate in the review of proposed transactions to properly advise management of foreign tax consequences. Support income tax integration of business acquisitions.
- Financial Reporting – Support the accurate preparation and review of the company’s foreign income tax expense and tax balance sheet accounts. Evaluate uncertain tax reporting positions and business combinations to properly reflect the tax treatment of such items in the financial statements.
- Compliance – Manage global compliance (including managing advisors and tax teams in local regions) for income tax, GST/HST and VAT, and other foreign tax regimes, and support intercompany transactions and transfer pricing reports. Support U.S. tax treatment of foreign activity.
- Research, analyze and interpret tax laws and provide written memoranda on various value-added projects and transactions
- Continuously look for ways to improve processes, increase efficiencies and improve the quality of the team’s work product
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA License
- 6-10 years of international tax experience
- Organizational and time management skills with ability to lead projects to completion
- Strong communication skills - both oral and written
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with colleagues around the world
- Master’s Degree
- Big 4 firm experience
- Transfer pricing and/or VAT experience
- International tax planning experience and working knowledge of ASC 740
- Direct experience with GILTI, FDII, BEAT, FTCs, etc.
- SaaS experience
- Ability to communicate complex tax concepts in an understandable manner