Head of Strategic Finance at Drift
Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human. After just four years in market, the company has become one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100, LinkedIn Top 50 Startups, Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Boston Business Journal's Best Places to Work, and SaaS Company of the Year by the NEVCA.
About The Team
Drift is looking to add a leader to our Strategy team to help with M&A, Fundraising & Investor Relations, Annual / Long Term Planning, Market & Competitive Analysis, and Special Projects. This person will be a critical member of a team that will help scale the company by executing key analysis and helping drive strategic initiatives across the organization.
You will be customer-centric and passionate about making a difference in your role. You will be a self-starter, self-motivated, able to think independently and at the same time want to continue to learn and develop your skill set. You will be a thinker and problem solver. You will be a team player, able to work across different departments and different management levels, and focused on solving business and financial challenges.
In this role you will
- Provide financial and strategic thought leadership supported by rigorous analysis, with a focus on business planning and corporate strategy
- Work with product and GTM teams evaluating M&A opportunities (new products, new technology, new verticals, etc) ranging from small tuck-ins to larger, transformative acquisitions
- Assist with fundraising and investor relations through storytelling and positioning, peer benchmarking, market and competitor analysis
- Assist with creation and maintenance of our detailed operating plan. Help to regularly quantify, prioritize, and track key strategic priorities / investments and results
- Lead competitive analysis (capabilities, assets, initiatives) and industry landscape assessments (TAM, market share, trends)
- Perform ad-hoc business case and scenario analysis to support strategic initiatives
What You Should Have
- 5+ years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, or private equity at a top-tier firm and / or strategic finance at a high-growth SaaS business
- Exceptional Excel modeling skills with the ability to turn ambiguous problems into elegant data-driven solutions
- Strong communication skills with the ability to translate your analysis into actionable recommendations and generate buy-in across the organization
- Experience in high growth companies and comfortable working on a fast-paced team with changing priorities
- Independent and flexible problem-solver with the ability to adapt as the business grows and changes
- A “can do” attitude with a passion for making a difference, developing people and having fun with what you are creating
- Experience working with NetSuite, Salesforce and BI tools such as Looker. Knowledge of SQL, Python or R is a plus
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn
something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]