Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
As Head of Stock Administration at Opendoor, you are responsible for end-to-end administration of the Company's equity plans, including but not limited to equity grants, restricted stock units, option exercises, ESPP administration, and overseeing a growing stock team. The successful candidate poses strong customer service skills, thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a proven track record of leading and scaling the stock administration function globally for a public company. This position can be based in any of our U.S. offices or remotely.
- Manage all aspects of Opendoor’s equity programs (stock options, time and performance-based RSUs, and ESPP) including processing employee stock transactions within Equity Edge Online (EEO)
- Maintain Opendoor’s Equity Edge Online database and platform for all participant transactions such as grants, cancellations, repurchases, terminations, option exercises and RSU/PRSU releases.
- Implement best practices with effective SOX controls, and lead development of automation of routine work streams and manual processes to enable efficient, accurate and timely processing of equity award data.
- Manage the month and quarter end close processes for equity activities in collaboration with the Finance team.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and provide input on design, implementation and expansion of our equity plans, including outside of the U.S.
- Ensure timely and accurate equity reporting and compliance for audit, domestic and international tax and regulatory requirements, including SEC and international securities filings and year-end tax filings.
- Lead efforts to grow and scale the equity team function, including enhancing and automating processes.
- Design and implement educational sessions, presentations, and communication materials for the global employee base to support understanding of equity programs and policies.
- Ensure compliance with equity mobility taxation requirements and reporting.
- Provide a superior level of service and guide our Stock Team to address equity related questions and requests from employees, management, and other stakeholders.
- Support 10b5-1 transactions, including coordinating with brokers, processing transactions and supporting timely reporting.
- Lead equity projects as assigned by management.
- Manage and develop our Stock Team, ensuring continued engagement and success.
- Bachelor's degree
- Certified Equity Profession (CEP) Level III certification required
- 10+ years of progressive experience and increasing level of responsibility within an equity team.
- Solid understanding of equity plans and various equity award types and related taxation globally
- Strong working knowledge of Equity Edge Online (EEO)
- Outstanding analytical, communication and organizational skills along with excellent business judgement, strategic planning capabilities and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Extensive experience working cross-functionally on equity plan matters with Legal, Finance, Payroll, Accounting, Tax and People teams
- Experience managing a team, and proven leadership skills with the ability to develop team members
- Strong work ethics and unquestionable integrity to work with highly confidential data
- Strong Excel skills (Pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
For CO Residents Only, and in accordance with C.R.S. Sec. 8-5-101 et seq., the estimated base salary range for this role is $149,000 - $211,000 per year. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position in question based upon market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and other available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply for the role and are selected for an interview.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness
Read Full Job Description