Group Controller, Next Drive at Magna International (Detroit, MI)
Advancing mobility. Making automotive technology that is smarter, cleaner, and safer, while still fun to drive. And making it for everyone. That's what we're passionate about at Magna Powertrain. We do it by creating world-class powertrain solutions for conventional, hybrid, and pure electric vehicles. We're making electrification more than a buzzword, we're bringing it to the road. Innovation is what drives us and we drive innovation. Dream big and create the future of mobility at Magna Powertrain.
Mission of the Position
Responsible for leading the Next Drive Group Financial Reporting and Operations Controlling activities. This role will focus on driving the preparation, consolidation, reporting, budgeting and operational/ commercial countermeasure oversight of the divisions within Next Drive; on time, with high accuracy and quality outputs to enable critical & timely decisions & countermeasures to achieve Next Drive financial targets.
- Manage central team of approx. 2-3 direct finance employees and business partnership through the local finance functions within the Next Drive divisions.
- Responsible to provide information and analysis to Next Drive and MPT Senior Management to support ongoing operational performance monitoring and critical decision-making
- Responsible for analysis for results reporting, operational trends, run-rate performance by Division and Next Drive Business Unit for reporting to MPT Senior Management (including regular mid-month reporting, actual reporting, quarterly forecasting, Global KMI and adhoc reporting)
- Manage the Global MPT Quarterly review process including coordination and preparation of Quarterly MPT presentations to Magna Leadership - QRM
- Drive and delivery of Next Drive Business Planning activities at consolidation level and coordination of divisional inputs.
- Manage the Global reporting team to ensure accurate HFM structure is contained consistent with MPT's global structures (management and legal entity) and ensure accurate consolidation of global financial results
- Understand Group/Divisional operating results and identify all major items impacting results (i.e. commodity costs, givebacks, foreign currency fluctuations, volumes on major programs, etc.)
- Monitor compliance with US GAAP - responsible for developing all accounting and reporting for impacts under US GAAP and associated reconciliation from Management Reporting ("Managed Results")
- Responsible for the accounting positions, and/or judgemental accruals that may be required from time to time tied to Global Product Groups and potential business risks (ie. givebacks, warranties, quality issues, asset impairments, restructuring provisions, long term costs supported for capitalization, tooling accounting, etc.)
- Complete transactional accounting reporting for special circumstances (including M&A projects, JVs, acquisitions, and purchase accounting) that may be required.
- Coordinate with divisions on operational performance activities (via Monthly Operational Performance reviews and adhoc special actions on roadmaps and counter measures as part of ongoing competitiveness, fit for future and supplier & customer claims process.)
- Work with Joint Ventures (controlled / non-controlled) as business partner to ensure full adherence to minimum Magna financial requirements
- Ensure appropriate controls and procedures exist globally in accordance with Magna (and SOX) requirements, support legal & tax topics through engagement with Magna Legal & Tax teams.
- Responsible for all Next Drive HFM entities system management (including plant divisions, Joint Ventures and group offices) - expected to grow with electrification.
- CPA (minimum 8 to 10 years industry experience)
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience at a similar level in a manufacturing company within Financial Reporting and Operations Controlling
- Strong, well-developed analytic skills and need for ability to focus on details - demonstrated in prior roles
- Must be very well organized and structured with self-managed mindset
- Effective leader with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Travel for operational division reviews - approx 10% of time
Customer and Business Interface
- Next Drive and MPT Senior Management -cross functionally and Global accounting leads
- Liaise with Magna on all reporting issues
- Close interaction, collaboration and information sharing with MPT Senior Director Global Planning & Analysis
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That's why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.
Nearest Major Market: Troy
Nearest Secondary Market: Detroit