Global Consolidations Accounting Manager at Reddit
Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 52 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We are looking for a Global Consolidations Accounting Manager who will be a key player and is genuinely excited about driving and effectively scaling Reddit’s business to the next level. You will work closely with the Finance & Accounting teams to ensure the integrity of world-wide accounting operations. This position requires someone with experience leading a team through the financial close, impeccable attention to detail, a financial and analytical mindset, and a strong desire to improve processes and controls. If you are excited about joining an awesome team that’s creating the future of Finance at Reddit and love having an impact on how mission driven organizations like Reddit operate, this job is for you!
How You’ll Have Impact:
Reddit’s mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world, and you will be pivotal in making that happen. You will be instrumental in streamlining our financial close process to free up the team to spend more time analyzing results and empower the Finance team to deliver financial results to internal stakeholders faster.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and schedule the monthly, worldwide accounting close and ensure the timeliness of major milestones and deliverables to get the books closed
- Responsible for the global consolidations process within the ERP system
- Perform monthly revaluations, translations, cost allocations, eliminations for legal entities, and maintain supporting documentation and reconciliations
- Maintain the integrity of the global chart of accounts
- Lead and regularly engage with cross-functional teams including Technical Accounting, International Accounting, Global Payroll, Revenue and Corporate Finance
- Assist in developing and maintaining accounting policies and procedures & lead the team in implementing internal control procedures (SOX) in areas of responsibility
- Assist with monthly financial statements and flux analysis to ensure completeness and accuracy of results in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies
- Assess current practices and procedures, and assist with implementing scalable accounting processes to facilitate timely and accurate financial reporting
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting standards and the accounting for non-standard transactions as needed
- Assist with interfacing with the Company’s external auditors and coordination of quarterly and annual audits
- Ability to flex into treasury areas including but not limited to setting up and maintaining banking relationships, funding operations, and insurance policies as needed
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
- Participate in special projects, analysis and reporting as required by management
Who You Might Be:
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience; ideally, a public accounting/private industry mix
- Prior management experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- CPA required (Active or Inactive)
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP
- Possess excellent analytical, organizational, problem solving and prioritization skills
- Experience designing and implementing new policies and procedures with proven ability to drive process and system improvements
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Able to work under time pressure, prioritize a high workload, and meet strict deadlines
- Positive attitude and open mindset, not afraid to roll up your sleeves
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Team player, strong interpersonal skills including conscientiousness, diplomacy, flexibility, dependability, and, last but not least, a good sense of humor
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].