Global Accounting Manager at RingCentral (Dallas, TX)
RingCentral is a $2B company, a global leader in cloud communications and collaboration software. We are fundamentally changing human interaction-enabling people to connect powerfully and personally from anywhere, at any time, on any device.
We're seeking a Global Accounting Manager, a key position within the finance organization with teams located in Belmont, CA, and Manila, Philippines. This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Accounting. The Accounting Manager will lead and manage several areas within the General Ledger function, the month end process and management and reporting packages.
This person will have a "can-do" attitude and be able to roll up the sleeves to do hands-on work. This person will assist our finance function develop, implement, and maintain accounting policies and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
The Accounting Manager will interface extensively with the following teams: technical accounting, operations, facility, R&D, financial reporting, financial planning & analysis, tax, and external/internal auditors.
- Review monthly fixed asset transactions, including but not limited to additions, retirements, inter-company transfers and roll forwards and related schedules
- Review software capitalization entriesand related schedules (ASC 350-40) for internally developed software
- Manage ASC 606 global commissions accruals and provide deep analysis of accrual variances and monthly flux
- Review appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements; assisting with regulatory compliance where applicable
- Work with international accounting team and support the accounting close process for international subsidiaries
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end accounting close
- Assist in the preparation of fluctuation analyses and perform financial statement analytics, providing relevant explanations for fluctuations
- Participation in projects relating to process improvement both from a business standpoint and system related
- Support external audits and reviews by providing period over period fluctuation analysis, supporting schedules, accounting reconciliations, pulling selections and interfacing with external auditors as required
- Assist in implementation and documentation of internal control, process and related procedures. Ensure compliance with internal controls and SOX requirements
- Research accounting issues for compliance with GAAP
- Manage and develop staff of three individuals
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with minimum 7 years in the General Ledger function
- Minimum 2 years in a management position at a publicly traded high-tech company preferred
- MBA or CPA preferred
- Experience working with NetSuite and/or large ERP is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Great interpersonal skills and commitment to working with a diverse staff
- Strong time management skills and able to meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Strong ability to give attention to detail and to perform multiple tasks at the same time
What we offer:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSAs) and Commuter Benefits
- 401K match and ESPP
- Flexible PTO
- Wellness programs including 1:1 wellness coaching through TaskHuman and meditation guidance through Headspace
- Paid parental leave and new parent gift boxes
- Pet insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with counseling sessions available 24/7
- Rocket Lawyer services that provide legal advice, document creation and estate planning
- Employee bonus referral program
RingCentral's Finance & Accounting team gives you an incredible opportunity to manage stratospheric growth and learn from the best. It's an unmatched opportunity to put your professional and personal growth on an upward trajectory.
Our work culture is the backbone of our success. And don't just take our word for it: we are recognized as a Best Place to Work by Glassdoor, the Top Work Culture by Comparably and hold local BPTW awards in every major location. Bottom line: We are committed to hiring and retaining great people because we know you power our success. RingCentral offers on-site, remote and hybrid work options optimized for the ways we work and live now.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of business cloud communications and contact center solutions based on its powerful Message Video Phone™ (MVP™) global platform. More flexible and cost effective than legacy on-premises PBX and video conferencing systems that it replaces, RingCentral® empowers modern mobile and distributed workforces to communicate, collaborate, and connect via any mode, any device, and any location. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Disclaimer - To all recruitment agencies: RingCentral does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs or company aliases, RingCentral employees, or any other company contacts and locations. RingCentral is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.