Who We Are
Verkada is the leading physical security platform to protect people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 8,700 organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation.
As a member of the finance team you will help manage our books, assist in preparing for an audit, and help improve processes as the company continues to grow. The job responsibilities will quickly evolve as our company grows so we are looking for someone who is up for the challenge of constantly learning and taking on new tasks.
- Assist in preparing our financial statements for an audit.
- Execute monthly accounting close activities and deliverables.
- Analyze and explain monthly balance sheet and income statement fluctuations and variances.
- Assist in special projects associated with Inventory, budgets, financial metrics, etc.
- Work with various departments to streamline the process and solve problems.
- BS or BA in Finance or Accounting.
- 3-4+ years of work experience in accounting/finance.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Start-up or Big 4 Experience a plus.
- Knowledge of US GAAP.
- Advanced with Microsoft Office.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) a plus.
- Curiosity and a passion for learning.
Perks and Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Verkada requires the successful completion of a background check, including a criminal record check, as a condition of employment.
Read Full Job Description