General Ledger Accountant at Addepar
Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
We are currently seeking a General Ledger Accountant to join our growing accounting team - As a General Ledger Accountant, you will support the monthly and quarterly accounting close process and work closely with the Assistant Controller and other team members to create accurate and timely consolidated financial reporting in accordance with US GAAP.
What You’ll Do
- Perform General Accounting functions, including operation of the general ledger system, create and upload journal entries, month-end close work and account reconciliations for various accounts.
- Support the Semi-monthly US and Canada Payroll processes with ADP, post the payroll and benefits Journal Entries
- Responsible for the processing and accounting for the employees expense reports
- Prepare and manage Addepar’s monthly accruals, in partnership with the Financial Planning and Analysis team, AP team, and business partners to ensure proper month end cutoff and capturing of expenses.
- Perform financial statements analytics and provide relevant explanations for fluctuations.
- Assist in preparing quarterly review and annual audit schedules for SEC Reporting and external auditors.
- Assist in annual SOX compliance efforts such as financial reporting walkthroughs with the external auditors.
- Support business process improvements and initiatives.
- Supply information and provide support to other functions within the Addepar organization.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other related fields
- At least five years of experience in accounting fields
- Experience with Netsuite, Concur, ADP is a plus
- Skills and competencies that also include soft skills necessary for success
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface cross functionally within the organization and outside vendors
- Must have attention to detail and sound analytical skills, ability to interpret/communicate financial information.
- Team-oriented & flexible, must be able to work closely with all levels of management.
- Business process improvement focus required to drive deployment of world class processes.
- Must work well under pressure and be good at meeting deadlines
- Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly.
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.