Fraud Servicing Associate - Evenings at Credit Karma
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What you'll do:
- You will service members with inbound contact related to our new Financial Account products!
- Resolve member issues via Salesforce cases, inbound calls and escalations.
- Resolve locked accounts and escalate members for risk closure
- Understand Credit Karma member support processes on issues related to security, fraud, and account recovery
- Work fraud and servicing alerts generated by the strategies teams
- Identify fraud trends and take the appropriate action
- Investigate new account and synthetic fraud cases
- Evaluate account takeover indicators and mitigate risk of member compromise
- Work with our engineers, data scientists and others to prevent fraud
- Assist our Member Support team in responding to our Members
- Submit UARs
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical work experience
- In depth knowledge of financial fraud and abuse
- Knowledgeable on multiple types of banking and financial fraud
- Experience at a Fintech company or regulated financial institution
- Basic knowledge of AML and KYC
- 1-2 years of related experience
- A fun and positive attitude!
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance or similar ordinances.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process. Moving forward, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to share proof of that status prior to their first day of onboarding. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Credit Karma may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)