Fraud Quality and Governance Lead at Credit Karma
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
The qualified candidate should be able to understand and navigate high levels of ambiguity, be data-driven, and handle multiple projects simultaneously. This role is perfect for someone who is passionate about identifying functional and technical alternatives to solve business problems, and proposes business processes and procedure modifications as needed.
- Review Fraud Operations Analyst daily task to ensure consistency and continuity in our work processes.
- Maintain accurate records and update Fraud Ops management of quality reviews of fraud analysts.
- Perform defect analysis on fraud cases and events.
- Assist in day to day operations of Fraud Ops QA program.
- Conduct regular audits to identify performance and training gaps.
- Work closely with team trainer and manager to identify learning and efficiency gaps for improvement.
- Develop and update Fraud Operations standard operating procedures (SOP's).
- Ensure program readiness and proper controls are in place. Work with business partners across multiple departments and functions
- Support fraud governance and control processes.
- Update control and performance metrics
- Continuously look for ways to improve processes and procedures through automation, integration and streamlining.
- Work closely with the cross functional teams on implementation and feature rollouts.
- Pro-actively maintain regular communications with all Stakeholders.
- 3+ years hands on fraud investigation experience or at least 2 years proven experience as QA or trainer in financial operations.
- Ability to evaluate fraud associate case determination objectively and according to the process guides provided.
- Review the case decisions for possible member impact and provide recommendations if a process change is needed.
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills.
- Deep knowledge of fraud drivers and processes across financial products.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively to personnel with varying organizational levels.
- Experience researching root cause of issues involving complex internal processes
- High level of intellectual curiosity. Ability to ask the right questions to get a good understanding of the problem.
- Ability to lead and work in a cross-functional setting, help influence the priority and solution. When necessary, take on some project management responsibilities.
- Proven ability to multitask and manage multiple projects.
- Strong people skills and management experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)