FP&A Manager, G&A and Personnel Costs at Handshake (New York City, NY)
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Handshake is hiring an FP&A Manager reporting to the Director of FP&A, on the Finance and Business Operations team. In this role you will help build out a world class planning function at Handshake. By streamlining the process around managing a significant portion of Handshake’s costs, you will have direct cross-functional impact on how effectively we operate and achieve our northstar goals.Your Role:
Own the Headcount model - continuous updates and interactions with stakeholders across Biz Ops, People/Talent and in BU’s
Forecasting HC and how it impacts other G&A costs
Building assumptions on ramp and attrition
Prioritizing hires with HR and depts
Analyzing CPH by Job Level for each Dept (work with Comp team) for FY23 planning
Manage direct personnel cost drivers like comp, benefits, bonus, commissions, L&D, T&E, and facilities. (All of these can be managed centrally.)
Taking over and streamlining reporting:
Updating Actuals from ADP, ensure links to stakeholders importranges are working
Reconciling Req IDs with Recruiting Ops (Greenhouse / Workday)
Help prep for org HC reviews
Providing benchmarking and analysis
Understanding where teams are over/under staffed vs expectations and actions needed (use of contractors, adjust recruiting capacity)
Understanding how the org is evolving to support Handshake’s strategic vision
Planning for FY23: Help streamline FY23 process of HC management: i.e. release Req ID’s each quarter instead of ad hoc? Then only need Req ID’s for backfills of attrition
Support forecasting and reporting on other G&A costs such as facilities, professional services - helping with workstreams such as vendor management, contract renewals
Ownership mentality with experience ID’ing and solving business problems (not just reporting results) and using analytics to guide decision making.
Direct experience in planning headcount.
6+ years of relevant experience in high growth companies with demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of autonomy.
Highly analytical and inquisitive with a keen attention to detail and excellent communication skills. Experience with planning and HR software is a plus.
Direct experience managing G&A costs.
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.About Us:
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 650,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. Earlier this year, we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and new valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, and London and teammates working globally. So, whether you live on the coasts, the midwest, or overseas, chances are we have a hub near you offering the best of both worlds.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!What We Offer:
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- 💰Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 🏦401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Summer and Winter #ShakeBreak, two one-week periods of Collective Time Off.
- 🏦Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
Benefits above apply to employees in full-time positions.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.