FP&A Analyst at Chainalysis (New York City, NY)
The Accounting & Finance team at Chainalysis splits their time between fine-tuning the details and evaluating the 30,000-foot view of our business. Our job is to help the company plan for growth by investing in the right resources and auditing our expenditures and revenues to ensure we’re being fiscally responsible.
Chainalysis is looking for a talented and motivated Corporate FP&A Analyst to join our growing Finance team. This role will work in close collaboration with not only finance teams but across the entire organization, therefore strong partnership and communication skills are must-have requirements for this role. You will be responsible for planning and analyzing the company’s non-headcount-related expenses, monthly and quarterly reporting to key stakeholders, assist in the implementation and maintenance of Adaptive Insights, being the key liaison between FP&A and Accounting as we look to streamline internal processes. The ideal candidate will have an appetite for process improvements and efficiencies, strong systems knowledge, keen analytical skills, strong financial and business acumen, exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you…
- You’re owning financial reporting for the business:
- Improving monthly and quarterly close processes, budget vs actual reviews, and KPI / financial reporting analytics
- Presenting synthesized key findings on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis (Budget vs Actual Commentary)
- Assisting in key month-end activities to provide oversight of completeness and accuracy of the monthly reports
- Preparing financial analysis to monitor and facilitate the understanding of key operating and financial trends with respect to expenses, and headcount trends (cost per hire & attrition)
- Have a strong pulse on OpEx drivers and changes in large expense buckets
- You’re maintaining and continuously improving the upkeep of our Adaptive Instance:
- Be a thought partner as we implement Adaptive Insights, providing insights from other system implementation experiences
- Ensuring all system integrations are set up and running properly
- Assist in the creation of standard reports within Adaptive for Budget Stakeholders
- Develop a process for gathering non-headcount-related expenses from Stakeholders using Adaptive’s Process Guide
- Preparing presentations for company leadership and the board using Office Connect
- You’re collaborating with the Finance team to scale and improve its processes supporting the ambitious growth plan of the Company:
- Facilitate monthly close meetings with accounting to review expenses before monthly expenses are finalized
- Partnering with Procurement & Accounting to ensure expenses are coded and allocated correctly in Coupa
A background like this helps
- Prior experience in Corporate Finance, FP&A (financial planning & analysis), and Accounting Analysis
- Prior experience using Adaptive Insights highly preferred, or experience with other Financial Modeling Tools (such as Hyperion, Anaplan, Cube, etc.) and the capacity to quickly learn Adaptive Insights
- A strong understanding of corporate finance, GAAP accounting policies, and FP&A procedures
- Proven ability to scale manual processes into more automated ones
- Interest in testing & learning new systems & tools
- Strong modeling skills that can seamlessly transition between Excel and Google Sheets
- Experience in Subscription/Recurring Revenue (SaaS is a plus)
- Self-starter that is comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.