FP&A Analyst / Manager at Alloy
Alloy is an Identity Decisioning Platform, enabling innovative fintech companies and banks to manage KYC, AML, fraud, risk and other components of customer onboarding. Alloy's single API enables its customers to access over 80 third party data sources in real-time to improve decision-making and streamline customer experiences. Alloy is the industry leader, working with companies like Brex and Marqeta, as well as top 20 banks. We're backed by venture capital firms that have taken countless companies to IPO like Bessemer Venture Partners, Canapi Ventures, Primary Venture Partners, Eniac Ventures, and others and well positioned to bring on incredibly talented individuals to help take us to the next level!About the role:
Reporting into the Senior Finance Manager, we're rapidly growing and looking for an FP&A Analyst/Manager (title commensurate with experience), who will help establish and scale the financial planning and analysis function while contributing to the growth and scale of the overall finance and accounting organization at Alloy. This is a highly collaborative role with opportunities to work closely with senior departmental leaders. You bring extensive knowledge of accounting and finance principles and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Come join one of Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces to work!
- Partner with key department leaders to produce thoughtful and efficient budgeting and financial planning processes.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly budget vs. variance analysis with insights to inform functional leaders to make course corrections as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain insightful analyses to drive accurate and meaningful continuous forecasting for the business.
- Act as the go-to finance partner for various G&A functions, working collaboratively with teams to drive continuous improvement across initiatives including: headcount planning, budgeting, vendor management, and more.
- Assist in establishing reporting standards and scalable operating procedures around the budgeting and financial planning process.
- Collaborate with the accounting team to help establish and maintain processes and systems to optimize and scale expense management and reporting.
- Evaluate large vendor contracts and assist in negotiations.
- Manage activities to support internal and external financial reporting packages.
- Support the ongoing enhancement of finance processes and infrastructure.
- Evaluate software for automating budgeting and planning e.g. Adaptive, Anaplan.
- 3+ years of experience in a professional finance capacity and/or relevant financial experience demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining cross-functional budgets, preferably experience working with senior leaders.
- Prior FP&A experience including driver-based planning, forecasting and reporting, variance analysis and close activities.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles and GAAP.
- Metrics-driven thinking and hunger for continuous improvement.
- Mastery of Excel and Google Sheets.
- Ego-free and a strong collaborator, you value ideas and dialogue with people at all levels and parts of the organization.
- Ability to work independently, proactive communication is a must.
- Ownership is important to you. You take pride in the quality and impact of your work.
- Preference for NYC-based individuals but will consider remote.
- Experience with FP&A in a venture capital funded institution (fintech is a plus).
- Interest in fintech, regtech, and/or identity management.
We're a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately and opportunities for growth are abundant at our scaling company. If this all sounds like a good fit for you, why not join us?
- Unlimited PTO and flexible work policy; we are remote for most roles!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA employer contribution, FSA, and FSA dependent programs
- 401k with 100% match up to 4% with immediate vesting and eligibility
- $500 to set up your WFH space - a one time thing
- Monthly commuter contribution
- Monthly credits for groceries from Public Goods
- Monthly credits for Seamless
- Monthly wellness credits to ClassPass
- Annual Citi Bike membership
- Annual $1,000 learning & development stipend
- 4 free therapy sessions and 3 months of talk therapy
Apply right here. You've found the application!
Alloy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We’re committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. We are committed to an inclusive interview experience and provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with visible and invisible disabilities. We encourage applicants to share needed accommodations with their recruiter.