FIS Operational / Financial Internal Audit Manager at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing
- Provide a key leadership role in the FIS internal audit function.
- Lead, teach, and mentor audit staff, seniors, and supervisors through the provision of meaningful and timely performance coaching and feedback, as well as input on development goals and training, to develop a high-performance environment.
- Direct the successful execution of audit teams for multiple financial, operational, regulatory, and/or Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) audits at a time, ensuring they are value add, completed timely, with a focus on audit quality.
- Establish appropriate project plan and milestones within the audits for teams to be successful and accountable for audit tasks and outcomes.
- Support project team scoping of audit engagements and confirmation of risks and controls and corresponding test plans.
- Ensure workpapers and other audit materials meet all relevant professional practice and FIS internal audit methodology requirements.
- Be involved in communicating observations in real-time and thoroughly vetting observations with management to align on factual accuracy and potential action plans.
- Communicate well-written and meaningful reports summarizing audit results.
- Oversee and manage audit finding tracking and documentation of status updates obtained via management action owners and perform timely review of remediation testing.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of annual risk assessment documentation to ensure a risk-based approach to annual and engagement planning.
- Keep abreast of audit best practices and proactively identify ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of audit execution.
- Develop and foster professional relationships with senior level stakeholders, as well as peers in other functions such as Risk, Compliance, and Security; establish trust and credibility.
- Establish themselves as a valued business partner to assigned area of focus and elevate the role of Internal Audit within the business.
- Represent the audit function effectively in communications with regulatory agencies, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Effectively manage special investigations and projects in addition to traditional audit projects.
What you bring:
- Earned a bachelor's degree or higher in accounting, finance, technology, or other related discipline.
- Hold one or more professional certification (e.g. CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE).
- Minimum of six years of relevant experience, preferably in a Fortune 500 or professional services firm.
- Ability and willingness to travel (~20%, depending on location).
Added bonus if you have:
- Although financial services and or technology industry experience is highly desired, other industry experience will be considered, as appropriate. Experience in highly regulated environments is a plus.
- Professional services experience acquired from a Big 4 environment or highly regarded consulting firm is desired.
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and excellent bonus potential (upon entering a full sales executive role)
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.