Financial Systems Lead at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are looking for a Loan Platform and Financial Systems Analyst to join our growing accounting team! The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with proven knowledge of analytical tools, as well as interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally and drive forward recommendations. We are eager to meet driven candidates who desire impact, thrive in ambiguity, and want to experience a well-funded start-up in hyper-growth!
What you'll do
- Assist the consumption of financial data from Affirm's proprietary systems for financial reporting; champion data accuracy, integrity, transferability, and ease of use from system to system (e.g. disbursements system, front office ledger, back office ledger, NetSuite)
- Participate in the development of product areas touching finance by authoring spec documents, reviewing specs, attending regular development syncs, and reviewing stages of software development output (e.g. ledger entries, reports, integrations results)
- Participate in the development of a robust system documentation; support financial and internal control audits
- Work closely with other accounting sub-teams on application of reporting policies and procedures, including Technical Accounting and General Ledger teams
- Participate in any day-to-day system troubleshooting exercises causing reconciliation breaks or other reporting failures
What we look for
- 3-5 years experience building and shipping high-quality automated workflows. Analyst, product manager, or a relevant consulting role
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with Financial or Accounting teams on operational or financial system projects
- Prior experience with cloud based Accounting reporting tools (Netsuite, ADP)
- Prior experience with data warehouse and analytics tools such as Looker
- Strong data analytical skills and experience with large data sets. Proficient with Excel and SQL
- Understanding of Financial processes (i.e., GL, Revenue Recognition, Cash Management, Accounting month-end close)
- Ability to multi-task and deliver against timelines
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with confidence, clarity, and focus. Able to convey concepts and considerations to non-experts and specialists alike
- Excellent attention to detail and understanding of impact when changes occur to scope or timeline
- Degree in Computer Science, Finance or Accounting
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.