Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want passionate people who are high-performing team players who can take on new challenges and go the extra mile.
The Financial Reporting Accountant will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks within the Controller’s Organization. Responsibilities include assisting in preparing the monthly financial statements and footnote support, preparing the tie-outs for all regulatory filings, preparing journal entries for month-end close, working closely with the auditors to facilitate quarterly reviews and annual audits, and assisting with technical accounting research, white papers, accounting policies and implementing new accounting standards.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and supporting documents.
- Assist with preparation and tie-out of the SEC Form 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K and other required filings for the Company.
- Quarterly, prepare footnote support and manage internal request lists.
- Assist with monthly Corporate Accounting closing procedures including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Assist in performing and maintaining internal controls in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Partner closely with other members of the finance team to collect information and prepare reports.
- Research basic accounting topics and develop suggestions for actions to be taken on the treatment.
- Discuss accounting methodologies with internal stakeholders and external auditors.
- Research FASB accounting standards and drafting position papers for new transactions and updating accounting policies.
- Be an active participant on special projects as they arise.
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance
- CPA with 4-7 years of experience in either public accounting or a mix of public/private experience
- Previous experience working on SEC filings is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with particular strength in Excel
- Must possess a strong understanding of current U.S. GAAP and FASB technical pronouncements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, and relationship management skills are required
- Knowledge of Workiva and XBRL would be considered a plus
- Experience with software such as G-Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides) a plus
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!