Financial Products Product Manager at Uber
About the Role
As a Product Manager on this team, you will develop and execute on the vision, strategy, and roadmap that enables anyone in the world to find, discover and manage financial products, services, and payment preferences at Uber. You will also build an extensible platform that simplifies this while crafting a delightful experience for people across all our product lines.
Uber has empowered millions of people around the world to achieve their dream of flexible livelihood. As a Product Manager your impact on the business side, onboarding and supporting various payment methods, financial products and services is the lifeblood that powers Uber's business and crafts a path to economic empowerment for millions of people every year. Your work helps those who need it most: millions of customers who use Uber to meet financial needs at all points on the continuum, from putting food on the table to generating spending money during grad school, to saving up for a special vacation.
What You'll Do
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of your specific team.
- Execute. This means being constantly biased towards action, knowing the data, being in the details, and building strong collaborative relationships with other teams, thinking ambitiously, disambiguating, always thinking of the customer first, and rapidly iterating towards something demonstrably awesome
- Drive innovation, definition, results planning (roadmap) and design of entirely new Uber products and product features to deliver against team and company goals. Supervise and measure launched products and feed insights back into the product development process.
- Set Direction. Drive cross-functional teams to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Communicate. Clearly communicate product plans, benefits, and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences from internal customers to all Uber employees to riders.
- 2+ years of product management experience
- Technical skills - Ability to advise and evaluate engineering decisions.
- 4+ Years of product management experience.
- Passion for Consumer FinTech/Payments and knowledge of the industry
- Experience delivering highly successful and creative consumer Internet products with your fingerprints all over them - you're proud of what you've accomplished.
- You tackle complex product challenges and simplify them to avoid making them our users and partner's problems.
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- User-focused - You are passionate about always making the user experience positive and unwilling to allow product challenges to impact users negatively.
- Sets Vision - Establishes team purpose and plans for execution
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.