Financial Planning Analyst, Operations at Hopin (Remote)
At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: we exist to make the world feel closer.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset - an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify - advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard - unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Listed as one of the 2021 Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators, Hopin has scaled to 800+ employees working remotely across 47 countries. Valued at $7.75B, Hopin raised a $450M Series D round of financing and is backed by top tier investors, including Arena Holdings, Altimeter Capital, Adam Street Partners, Untitled Investments, XN Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, GIC, IVP, Northzone, Salesforce Ventures, Slack, Temasek and Tiger Global.
Do you want to develop and analyze performance and support decisions that drive investments, growth and profitability? Are you looking to make a big impact, partner with world-class talent and take your career to the next level? If so, our Financial Planning & Analysis team encourages you to join us in this exciting journey.
As a member of the operations finance team, you will help Hopin build the muscle around planning, strategic allocations and cost-optimization. Reporting to the Head of Finance, Operations, you will empower the leaders across the organization to manage and grow their business in-line with the strategic vision of the business. Along with your team, you will lead the operational planning cadence and help mature a business that has grown at a pace few companies have ever experienced. Whether it be headcount capacity planning, developing the long-term geography strategy, helping to negotiate terms with strategic cloud-infrastructure vendors or implementing systems to accelerate the pace of decision making, you and your team will be the driving force in helping the company execute against its operating strategy.
- Support the FP&A Operations team on their reporting and forecasting needs for each planning cycle e.g. preparing P&L targets, baselining expenses etc.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly management reporting – analyzing financial results, distilling/synthesizing key trends, and communicating business insights
- Lead the month-end close efforts including reviewing accruals and presenting monthly variance analysis
- Review and approve purchase requisitions and headcount changes, while working closely with business partners to solve for any inconsistencies
- Proactively highlight opportunities for process improvements
- Provide ad-hoc guidance to business partners with questions on accounting treatment and budgeting/forecasting process
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field)
- Experience in operating in a strategic planning cycle
- Executive-level presence and the ability to effectively communicate and present to, and engage with, all levels within the broader organization
- An understanding of financial modeling and key metrics used in the B2B SaaS (e.g. AWS Infrastructure planning)
- A minimum of 2-3 years in finance
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- $1000 USD for Home-Office Set up
- $100 USD monthly remote work stipend
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
Where and How We Hire
Being a remote company enables us to hire the best talent around the world. We can engage with you in any of our jurisdictions listed below, all you need to do is demonstrate the legal right to work and be physically present in that country. Some roles may have specific workforce location requirements which will be noted on the job description.
- Entity: Canada, Germany, UK, USA
- Employer of Record: Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Australia
- Full Time Contractor (Self Employed): Argentina, Belgium, Bulgaria, Costa Rica, Denmark, Estonia, Honduras, Hungary, Jamaica, Kenya, Lithuania, Nigeria, Poland, Romania, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, U.A.E., Uruguay
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.