Kindbody’s mission is to make fertility and family-building care affordable and accessible for all.
Founded in 2018, CB Insights recognized Kindbody as one of the world’s promising health companies. Kindbody was named to Inc.’s Best In Business list of most admired companies in 2021 and Fierce Healthcare named Kindbody to its Fierce 15 list of 2022, which recognizes the most promising healthcare companies in the industry. Kindbody is the trusted fertility benefits solution for more than 78 employers and thousands more receive their fertility care directly from Kindbody at our signature clinics. As the fertility benefits solution, the technology platform, and direct provider of high-quality care, Kindbody delivers a seamless, integrated experience with superior health outcomes at a lower cost for employers and consumers. Kindbody has raised $122 million in funding from leading investors including Perceptive Advisors, GV, RRE Capital and Claritas Health Ventures.
On February 1, 2022, Kindbody acquired Chicago-based Vios Fertility Institute which now provides Kindbody with a national footprint of over 26 locations with a dozen more planned in 2022.
To follow the latest Kindbody news, get to know our patients, and learn about what it’s like to work at Kindbody, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter.About the Role
As an experienced Financial Navigator reporting to our Financial Navigator Manager you will be working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment where you will be relied on for your expertise, professionalism, and collaboration. This role is a remote full time position.
- Ensures that patients are well educated about the financial and insurance aspects of their care
- Conduct patient consultations to review and answer questions related to financial policies and requirements
- Provide self-pay pricing and review financial contracts
- Review and approve loan payments from outside lending companies
- Verify patient insurance benefits
- Explain insurance coverage and treatment costs and identify the need for any pre-authorizations
- Determine patient responsibility amounts and obtain payments in advance of the related procedure
- Serve as a Patient Advocate for patients when patients have difficulty navigating with their insurance company.
- Patient follow-up to ensure payment of outstanding co-payments, balances, coinsurance, etc.
- Respond to patient calls/correspondence regarding billing questions, financial policies, claims submission
- Manage assigned patients' financial matters throughout their treatment plan
- Verify and post deposit and payment amounts.
- Customer service skills for interacting with patients regarding medical claims and payments
- Research and resolve any discrepancies, denials, appeals, collections
- Review patient bills for accuracy and completeness and obtain any missing information
- Entry of appropriate ICD and CPT codes into practice management system for services rendered
- Appropriate Claims submission for services rendered using appropriate insurance and employer protocol based on carrier integration
- Prepare and process refund requests
- Update patient accounts, including verification of insurance coverage and changes in patient information, with appropriate documentation.
- Respond to a high volume of telephone inquiries in a positive and professional manner, resolve and follow up on all issues within designated timeframes.
- Meet positional metrics and benchmarks.
- Maintain the highest degree of ethics when handling patient payments and bill processing
- Follow all department standard operating procedures carefully and accurately
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
General Administrative Duties:
- Manage inbound customer communication (phone, email & chat) and ensure all messages are answered in a timely fashion
- Maintain clear communication with the clinics about overall clinic operations
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Associates Degree or Certificate from an accredited medical and billing school.
- 3+ years of healthcare front reception billing experience in a fast-paced, customer focused environment, Fertility clinic experience, a plus
- A passion for women’s health, fertility is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills & a team player
- Willingness to be flexible, roll with the punches, multi-task and troubleshoot problems
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Exemplifies amazing customer service skills and professionalism
- Experience in insurance verification of benefits and familiarity with medical terminology
Kindbody values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. We are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits to our employees, such as paid vacation and sick time; paid time off to vote; medical, dental and vision insurance; FSA + HSA options; Company-paid life insurance; Short Term + Long Term Disability options; Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks fully paid dependent on years of service); 401k plans; free Peloton membership, monthly guided meditation and two free cycles of IVF/IUI or egg freezing and free egg storage for as long as you are employed.
Additional benefits, such as paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training & development opportunities, social events and wellness programming are also available. We are constantly reevaluating our benefits to ensure they meet the needs of our employees.
In an effort to protect our employees and our patients, Kindbody is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Any candidate seeking employment at Kindbody will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccine prior to your start date of employment. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine because of a qualifying legal reason, you may request an exception to this requirement from the Company.
Kindbody is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunity in all of our employment and hiring policies and practices and believe that a more diverse and inclusive workplace will benefit our patients, care partners, and Kindbody employees. We administer our employment and hiring policies and practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, military service, military or veteran status, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.