Coforma is looking for a human-centered, data-informed, analytical-focused Financial Analyst, Pricing to join our fast-growing team.
The Financial Analyst will provide a full range of business operations support, while also co-creating with our Controller on pricing strategy, developing accounting plans, and executing them in service of the organization. The ideal Financial Analyst will possess a unique blend of pricing and accounting experience.
As Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for analyzing the overall financial performance of Coforma and modeling its potential for the future. This includes understanding key drivers and identifying key performance metrics. Additionally, this position will be responsible for providing pricing and estimating analysis in support of proposal strategies, cost estimating, pricing matrix, and audit support.
$92-$102k Base Salary + Benefits + Growth Potential
This posting will close by July 22
The desired start date for this role is August 16, 2022
- Co-owns the competitive pricing strategies to achieve the business’ revenue goals
- Assesses data from a variety of sources to gain insights into pricing strategies and market trends
- Applies statistical modeling methods to determine the potential impact of pricing strategy on profitability
- Collaborates with the Business Development Team on developing and implementing competitive pricing strategies
- Develops dynamic pricing tools to effectively respond to the changing market needs and trends
- Prepares and presents pricing analysis findings to executives and the Business Development Team
- General accounting
- Process vendor invoices in the accounting system in accordance with company policies.
- Works closely with Controller to prepare financial statements and manage daily accounting/ financial tasks
- Prepares and analyzes accounting transactions across various financial items, including revenue recognition, expenses, payroll, pricing, and fixed assets
- Prepares monthly journal entries and performs reconciliations, general accruals, and other assets
- Assists in completing audits and preparing periodic internal and external reports
- Maintains project account structures, project financials, and provides related support functions as necessary
- Reviews, analyzes, and tracks Task Order (TO) invoices to ensure processing in a uniform manner and in accordance with TO requirements
- Provides general support to including, but not limited to, analysis, data calls, financial management, risk management, audits, and project management-related tasks
- Analyzes pricing data from industry standards, previous sales trends, as well as competitors and reports data to decision makersIdentifies marketing strategies to increase profits
- Works with staff and departments to resolve accounting and pricing related questions
- Coordinates with internal sources to ensure proper coding of expenses
- 2+ years working in an accounting or financial analyst position with a focus on federal government opportunities
- 2+ years in a pricing capacity
- Experience anticipating accounting, financial reporting, and forecasting
- A passion for applying strategy, design, and technology to help businesses change the way they interact with customers, each other, and the world at large
- Someone who knows and enjoys the hustle and is comfortable with ambiguity
- A clear, concise communicator with exceptional follow-up and organization skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills and experience successfully balancing multiple tasks
- The ideal applicant will be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, flexible, innovative, and attentive to detail
- 2+ years experience working on a distributed team, remote team, or remote freelancing
- 2+ years of experience working in the federal cost accounting environment
- 2+ years working with multi-award contract vehicles, task order bids, and price-to-win strategy preferred
We Don’t Care About
- Whether or not you have a degree of any kind
- Whether your educational major, if you had one, is related to this role
- Whether or not you have GitHub contributions
- Whether or not you have worked at a well-recognized company
- Whether you’re sure that you check every box. (That’s called imposter syndrome, friend.) Apply and we'll discuss it together.
We Do Care About
- Your passions — professional or otherwise
- Your well-informed opinions about technology, teams, and process
We use creativity to get results for clients and the communities they serve.
We’ve honed a modern, agile, user-centered approach that elevates human needs through thoughtfully-designed systems and products.
From connecting families in crisis at the US border to improving the way governments consume COVID-19 mobility data through a more accessible and user-friendly tool, we’re dedicated to improving people’s lives through thoughtful technology products and services. Together. Our cross-functional team works closely with each other and with our government, nonprofit, and commercial partners to research, design, and build better products and services.
Coforma employs over 75 talented creators. Our leadership has decades of experience in improving government digital services from a civic service mindset, and a strong record of developing innovative technology solutions for government, enterprise, and nonprofits.
We thoughtfully integrate design into product development. We are experts in leading the design and development of products to meet business goals, build alignment, and deliver value through technically feasible and iterative design activities.
Business objectives and human beings are at the center of our work. We work very closely and collaboratively with our partners, from solicitation through to delivery, to ensure that the solution provides a high level of value to the business. Accessibility is never overlooked in our work, and our iterative approach validates the utility and delight of the final product.
Equal Opportunity & Inclusive Workplace
Coforma is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination. As a federal government contractor, all employees of Coforma are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 4, 2022. Background checks and other security clearances may be required for some roles as it relates to the nature of our client work.
Our team and our office aims to be an accessible and hospitable place to work. We welcome applicants, contractors, and employees who are committed to improving our culture and practices.
More Information on Coforma
Coforma operates in the Other industry. The company is located in District of Columbia, WA. Coforma was founded in 2017. It has 23 total employees. To see all 12 open jobs at Coforma, click here.
Read Full Job Description