TeleSign is a cloud communications company that is redefining the way the largest brands in the world protect, connect, and engage with their users. With an innovative suite of APIs, enhanced by data intelligence and Machine Learning, TeleSign delivers communication, verification and Mobile Identity solutions that have been used by almost everyone around the world. In business for more than a decade, profitable and located in the heart of Silicon Beach with panoramic views of the ocean and Hollywood sign, there is no better place to evolve and grow your career.
The Financial Analyst will reside within the company's FP&A team to support our Corporate FP&A reporting, forecasting, and budgeting processes. This role will report to the Manager of FP&A and support a broad range of activities within the company's forecasting and planning processes, with a focus on analyzing all elements of the P&L. You will contribute to the creation of an annual budget, a full 5-year plan, and lead monthly P&L reviews with Department Heads where you will have the opportunity to make recommendations pertinent to potential cost-saving measures, efficiencies, etc. This is a highly analytical, hands-on role in a fast-paced environment, requiring the ideal candidate to perform effectively as both an individual and collaboratively as part of a team. This role offers tremendous career growth and progression, with exposure to many executive leaders within the organization.
A strong candidate must be able to critically analyze data through modeling, draw insightful conclusions, and provide recommendations for critical operational and strategic decisions. The candidate will be a resourceful, fact-based, strategic thinker with excellent communication skills, and should have the ability to translate complex data and nuanced concepts both verbally and visually to upper management. Self-leadership, and the ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and high-growth environment are also essential to success in this position. Ideally, this person has a demonstrated track record of success in the SaaS and/or technology industries. Experience with a forecasting tool such as Adaptive Planning is a plus.
What you'll do
- Prepare financial and business-related analysis in such areas as financial and expense performance, rate of return and investments and derive recommendations to improve the business.
- Perform and improve monthly financial reporting, including analysis of deviations to budget, prior month and prior year. Present and discuss results with the Director and VP of FP&A, CFO, other department leaders and the Executive Committee.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual management reporting views and executive board materials.
- Prepare consolidated monthly forecasts built off the annual budget, and analyze trends in operating expenses, capital expenditures, capitalized development, and other related areas.
- Build and manage relationships with various department leaders by conducting monthly departmental budget reviews to provide visibility into actual performance while providing guidance to help department leaders execute on key initiatives and strategies.
- Partner with departments or teams to influence long-term cost savings, efficiencies, process improvements, and P&L optimization.
- Prepare and help to manage the 5-year plan by engaging feedback and inputs from department leaders to continuously refine the model.
- Lead ad hoc financial and business-related studies and partner with other departments in preparing analyses, including financial modeling of unique business cases.
- Work closely with corporate accounting during the monthly close cycle.
- Assess and implement process improvements to the financial planning cycle.
- Perform other duties as required.
What you'll bring to the table
- 2 - 4 or more years of experience in financial analysis and planning or business analysis. FP&A experience in a global company a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline, preferably Finance or Accounting
- An independent, self-motivated individual who works well under pressure with a positive, "client-service" oriented attitude. Must possess the initiative to create presentations and analyses from scratch to answer questions posed and be able to investigate the details and interpret the impact of key business drivers.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized with prior experience having gathered, structured, monitored, and validated data to ensure data integrity and detailed documentation; has developed a habit of checking the accuracy of data and analysis several times over before submitting for review.
- Excellent communication skills across verbal, email, Word/memo, and PowerPoint channels.
- Must possess excellent critical thinking skills, and the ability to easily contextualize hypothetical business situations.
- Excellent multi-tasker who is always "on it" with stellar time and project management skills; understands the importance of planning in advance to meet deadlines that include multiple review points and iterations.
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint. Prior experience working with a forecasting tool (e.g., Adaptive Planning) and Netsuite is a plus. Prior experience in start-ups, technology, or telecommunications, and in an international environment also preferred.
TeleSign connects and protects online experiences with sophisticated customer identity and engagement solutions. Through APIs that deliver user verification, data insights, and communications we solve today's unique customer challenges by bridging businesses to the complex world of global telecommunications.
Our global team consists of the best and the brightest in the industry and we treat them as such. We provide a variety of excellent benefits ranging from the standard: 401(k) matching, free lunches, generous PTO, and flexible schedules to the not so standard: quarterly performance bonuses, in-house massages, our state of the art office with panoramic views of the marina and hills, and so much more! ;)
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
TeleSign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.