Financial Analyst at MedStar Health (Baltimore, MD)
| Baltimore, MD
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:17 p.m. (CST) on Monday, April 4, 2022
- MedStar Health's Corporate Finance team is currently seeking an experienced Financial Analyst to join our team to perform a mix of accounting and finance related functions to support our Corporate IT departments. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, and experience in budgeting and financing as well as month-end close processes. This is hybrid position with the opportunity to work remotely at home as well as work in-person in the corporate office in Columbia, MD.
- Job Summary
- Performs various cost accounting functions such as analyzing cost records, preparing budgets, and monitoring financial statements. Collects and prepares cost data and analyzes fiscal accounting and related systems, regulatory submissions, fiscal presentations, and financial feasibility studies.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- 2 years related experience.
- No special certification, registration or licensure is required.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills preferred.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes actual costs versus standard costs, prepares variance reports, and interprets cost variances.
- Analyzes cost records to ascertain distribution of costs.
- Analyzes operation of system; prepares recommendations and documentation to create and update fiscal services and other related policies and procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for cost data preparation, analysis, systems analysis, and other fiscally related duties.
- Computes percentage profits and adds to cost estimates to obtain prices.
- Conducts and assists in the presentation of fiscal educational sessions as assigned.
- Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the department, hospitals and MedStar in community outreach efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prepares financial feasibility studies and operational systems; reviews and evaluates administrative and planning studies as assigned.
- Prepares, analyzes, and maintains cost data as required for regulatory reporting and new program submissions.
- Reviews actual performance against budgeted performance and prepares reports explaining budget deviations.
More Information on MedStar Health
MedStar Health operates in the Healthtech industry. The company is located in Columbia, MD. MedStar Health was founded in 1999. It has 10001 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and Mental Health Benefits. To see all 65 open jobs at MedStar Health, click here.
Read Full Job Description