Financial Analyst Specialist at FIS
We are FIS. Our technology powers the world's economy and our teams bring innovation to life. We champion diversity to deliver the best products and solutions for our colleagues, clients and communities. If you're ready to start learning, growing and making an impact with a career in fintech, we'd like to know: Are you FIS?
About the team:
The team supports broader enterprise financial analysis across the organization. The team provides FIS with visibility and insights on the expected performance of our operating segments to aid executive leadership in balancing short-term and long-term priorities with external expectations. A critical function of the team is to help understand the opportunities and risks to our operating plans and monthly forecasts. Fundamental to our team's success is leading FIS's planning and forecasting processes, working effectively to drive efficiencies in the processes. We also manage the standard KPI reporting and develop new ways to improve how FP&A effectively communicates our results. Additionally, we also partner across other finance functions and executive leadership to aid with other ad hoc projects that may arise.
What you will be doing:
As a Financial Analyst Specialist, you will develop interpret and implement financial concepts for financial planning and control.
• Performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance.
• Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements and operating forecasts.
• Meets with organizational unit/department managers to discuss and establish timelines and methodologies for completing budgets.
• Researches and compiles data to forecast and prepare annual and monthly budget projections for a division or similar group of organizations.
• Tracks revenue and expenses on a monthly basis, comparing actual to forecasted figures and makes necessary adjustments.
• Performs economic research and studies in areas of rates of return, depreciations, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance and impact of governmental requirements.
• Prepares reports for management summarizing results of research, analyses and evaluation of any discrepancies.
• Gathers and analyzes current data to aid in estimating future expenditures.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you will need:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
• Good understanding of generally accepted accounting principles as well as company accounting policies, procedures and standards
• Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
• Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
• Analytical and statistical examination skills
• Ability to understand and apply learned concepts
• Attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality
• Demonstrated ability to plan and accomplish work to ensure critical deadlines are met
• Ability to create spreadsheets and demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and accounting software
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients and public
What we offer you:
• A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
• The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
• Time to support charities and give back in your community
• A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.