FINANCIAL ANALYST (REMOTE) at TE Connectivity (Hartford, CT)
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Sensors Business Unit is a $1B global business with approximately 5,000 employees, and operations around the world. The Sensors Finance team provides accurate and timely business decision support to the GM, CFO, and business and functional leads through financial analysis and detailed reporting, as part of annual and strategic planning, internal forecasting, standard close activities and other company initiatives.
The FP&A team of Sensors Business Unit is growing and now has an opportunity for an FP&A analyst. This person will report to Senior Manager of FP&A and partner with R&D leaders to provide financial analyses and decision support of managing Engineering costs. In addition, this person will also support establishing and improving of financial reporting and analyses by various market sub-verticals within Sensors BU.
The role includes working across the finance team and other functions and provides an opportunity to gain exposure to Sensors leadership team.
- Partner with R&D leaders to deliver financial planning, analysis and reporting per TE Sensors financial cadence, including monthly and quarterly reporting and forecast, annual business outlook, and long-range strategic plan.
- Enhance R&D internal reporting to enable visibility of engineering spend trend by cost category and product line, ensuring operational plan is aligned with financial budget to drive cost goal.
- Support PAC review by providing reporting and analysis of NPI costs and project KPIs.
- Track Engineering capital expenditure against budget. Provide financial review of capex request, such as ROI analyses and reasonableness of relevant assumptions.
- Manage Excel model for tracking and analyzing financial performance against budget by market sub-verticals in Sensors BU.
- Identify and evaluate financial risks and opportunities that may impact Sensors.
- Collaborate across the finance team to create dynamic dashboards that provides visualization of financial and business insights for leadership team.
- Provide ad hoc financial analyses and assist with special projects as requested.
- Identify opportunities for system and process improvement to drive efficiency in daily work.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in Business or Finance-related field with 3-5 years of work experience
- Ability to analyze financials, dive deep into data sets and provide innovative recommendations to business partners
- Demonstrates leadership and excellent communication skills to build strong relationship with business partners and to be able to influence them
- Strong Excel modeling skills. Working experience with SAP, Hyperion Planning and Essbase. Experience / familiarity with data analysis tools such as Tableau or Power BI a plus
- Comfortable working in dynamic environment and dealing with ambiguities
- Strong level of intellectual curiosity accompanied by a drive to solve complex problems
- Desire and ability to build the conditions for success for their team and those around them
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
Competitive pay commensurate with experience: $74,000-92,000 per year (subject to change dependent on physical location)
Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
What TE Connectivity Internship Program offers:
Our internship program gives students the opportunity to work on valuable projects that contribute to the success of their team and build on their classroom experience. Throughout the 10-12 week program, interns will be provided with:
Onboarding & Orientation
Professional Development Workshops