Financial Analyst - Investment Operations at CNA
The Financial Analyst position is part of CNA's Investments & Treasury Division. This division is responsible for managing the firm's bank relationships and cash management activities, as well as trade settlement, analysis, accounting and reporting for the firm's $40+ billion investment portfolio. This role offers an opportunity to collaborate across the division and with various business units outside of Investments & Treasury including our banking partners and asset managers in order to align strategic initiatives with daily activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities may include:
1. Partner with Cash Operations and other internal business units on daily cash needs and ensuring funding needs are met.
2. Perform trade settlement responsibilities perform trade settlement responsibilities and other middle office investment responsibilities. For the firm's $40+ billion investment portfolio.
3. Perform monthly reconciliation of investment positions between custody and accounting records as well as application of third-party pricing. Participates in Sarbanes-Oxley reviews as needed. Completes audit requests, as required. Assists with the ongoing maintenance and enhancement of department deliverables.
4. Participates in assigned projects; verifies expected outcomes, and achieves set deadlines.
5. Interacts and coordinates with other departments to address business issues and meet organizational objectives.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Director or Above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
· Excellent organization, planning and time management skills. Proven ability to manage competing priorities and execute deliverables in a timely fashion.
· Act like an owner by taking pride in your work and acting with a sense of urgency.
· Strong analytical skills and ability to solve problems creatively by using your imagination, valuing diverse ideas, embracing change, and making processes as efficient as possible.
· Ability to foster and maintain collaborative relationships with external and internal customers, peers, and management.
· Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree preferably in accounting or finance or equivalent.
2. Up to two years or more of related work experience in finance or accounting.