The Squarespace Finance team is seeking an eager and intellectually curious Financial Analyst to partner with our business leaders. You will partner with the FP&A Manager to explore a range of business questions, ultimately helping the company to achieve its financial and operational goals through data and sophisticated analysis.
We expect this Analyst to be a proactive member of the FP&A team, asking a lot of questions to learn on the job and grow along with the company. You will dig into challenges - from routine operations to forecasting and planning - to draw valuable insights for the business. You will also develop strong relationships with your partner teams, and you should be comfortable presenting financial information across the company in a clear and concise way. This is the perfect opportunity to use your critical thinking and analytical abilities to learn a successful organization's inner workings and help its leaders make decisions.
This role reports to the FP&A Manager in our New York headquarters.
- Support the forecast and planning process, including corporate expenses, operational expenses, and capital expenditures, by partnering with cross-functional teams to align company initiatives to financial outcomes
- Must be able to prepare reports and projections based on financial and operational data in a timely manner and with accuracy
- Prepare insightful financial and operational analytics for management to support various business opportunities
- Identify opportunities to enhance the efficiency of existing processes and propose improvements to streamline the use of key business metrics
- 3+ years experience in financial planning & analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or equivalent experience
- Mastery of Excel
- Analytical mindset and innate curiosity
- Attention to detail and willingness to dig into the numbers to gain key insights
- Excellent communication skills and comfort working across the organization
- Deep understanding of P&L components
- Strong personal integrity and work ethic
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.