Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is hiring for our corporate finance team. You will be part of a team that acts as the "glue" across Finance to drive Atlassian's continued success. You will work cross-functionally and provide insightful commentary and analysis to the Executive Team in support of earnings, current quarter performance and future quarter forecasts. You will be responsible for strategic, annual and quarterly operating reporting for the entire company. You will work across our product groups and the Finance organization to drive the growth of our business.
This is a highly visible role in the organization with close partnership with senior business leaders across the company. The role is ideally suited if you are a passionate professional interested in developing an intimate understanding of the Atlassian business.
What You'll Be Doing:
- As a Financial Analyst, you will work with senior leaders across the company to monitor & communicate company performance, organize company planning and empower leaders in managing their business.
- Partner with the rest of FP&A on our company's strategic planning processes including the quarterly 'Rolling 4' planning process and the annual five-year strategic LRP.
- Lead the end-to-end process to prepare & deliver a quarterly memo outlining key business performance highlights and themes to the company's Board of Directors.
- Be involved in the quarterly State of Atlassian funding process which is designed to allocate funding to the company's most strategic initiatives.
- Provide strategic ad hoc analysis on the total company p&l to the Head of FP&A and CFO.
- Work closely with the broader finance teams (IR, Controllership, Treasury etc), program management and strategy teams.
- You will report to the Manager of Corporate FP&A and be involved in teams driving key changes across the company.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 2+ years of experience in a financial/analytical role in tech, consulting, or investment banking.
- Experience with Corporate FP&A and managing/tracking business metrics.
- Strong interest in SaaS and experience in a fast-growing environment.
- Strong financial modeling skills in Excel/Google Sheets.
- Excellent organization skills and experience managing projects with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to explain financial data to non-finance partners.
- Ability to draw upon insights and tell a compelling story involving business metrics to help influence key decisions.
- A curiosity to learn and take initiative to tackle problems independently
It's great, but not required of you have:
- Exposure to working with planning tools (e.g., Anaplan)
- Technology or Software / SaaS industry experience
- Hold a degree in Business, Economics or Finance
More about our team
Atlassian has a business model, with a focus on growth and profitability, that is rare among its growth technology peers. We also have an analytics DNA that runs deep through the company's core. FP&A is a highly visible team in the organization at the intersection of both these focus areas. The FP&A team is a hardworking and collaborative team with an unusual mix of technology industry, consulting and financial services background. Our responsibilities include facilitating planning, providing insight into business performance, supporting strategic decision-making and helping predict the future of the business. We encourage decision-making at every level and highly value an open-minded approach and organizational transparency. We work closely with business leaders across all areas of the business to support the Company's continued growth. You'll join an extraordinary team that is passionate about Atlassian, its products, and its customers.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .