We are seeking a financial analyst to support financial annual planning, monthly forecasting and monthly reporting. This highly visible role will perform financial analysis driving understanding of key drivers and underlying results through the preparation of financial and business analytics. This includes performing and documenting financial research and analysis, and the subsequent presentation of the relevant conclusions. This position also interprets and analyzes financial results, providing insights and recommendations to management. This position requires strong collaboration skills and a results oriented drive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Serve as the finance partner to the Property & Casualty Claim organization; support end-to-end financial reporting.
2. Execute the monthly, quarterly, and annual FP&A processes, including management reporting, variance analysis, forecasting, and scenario planning. Accountable for coordinating with Claim leaders and business partners across the enterprise.
3. Independently analyzes business results, investigates anomalies and variances in data, preparing and presenting interpretations of findings to business partners.
4. Contributes to monthly and quarterly operations: collaborates within Finance team to coordinate FP&A close processes (i.e. accruals), supports key Claim management reporting.
5. Provides ad hoc reporting requested by leadership to increase focus and understanding of data, analytics and operational performance, and help drive improved outcomes.
6. Collaborates in the development of long-range financial forecasts and related budgets considering alternative scenarios as needed.
7. Leverages available technologies and expertise of subject matter experts to analyze business results to identify key financial drivers and communicate findings to Management.
8. Interacts and collaborates with other departments to address business issues and meet organizational objectives. Develops new ideas and analytics to provide meaningful information to the Claim professionals.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Proven thought leader with a track record of financial analysis that provides an understanding of key drivers and underlying results through the preparation of financial and business analytics.
- Must be results-driven with the ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple deliverables timely and effectively.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve complex financial issues.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact and influence business partners.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, accounting systems and applications, and other business-related software systems. Experience with Tableau and Alteryx is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, statutory and other complex accounting principles, practices and procedures which may include technical expertise in a functional area a plus.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, economics or business, or equivalent.
2. Minimum two to four years of relevant financial analysis experience.