Finance & Strategy Manager- Business Strategy & Marketing (Remote) at Square
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available and universally accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
The Cash App team is focused on building financial service products for individuals, whether making it easier to send / receive money, make purchases using the Cash Card, receive discounts through Cash Boost, and buy / sell Bitcoin and public equities. Cash App has seen tremendous user growth, and along with this growth comes incredible opportunities, and challenges for our business. We are looking for a Manager to join the Cash App Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) group. The FP&A team manages financial trends of the business, including the annual financial plan, regular forecast and outlook processes, determining capital allocation across our business, and providing analytical support to Cash App Senior Management. You will be an important contributor to the strategic decision-making processes and help establish and scale our investment and performance measurement frameworks for Cash App's Marketing team. You will report to Finance & Strategy Senior Manager - Cash App FP&A.Job Description
- Work in collaboration with the Marketing team to develop investment frameworks, establish and review performance metrics, and help make strategic decisions that maximize return on investment
- Be the finance lead for marketing, guiding marketing strategy, and shaping how marketing decisions affect performance and profitability
- Partner with marketing, finance, and accounting to implement financial processes that provide marketing insights
- Contribute to the management of important financial processes including annual planning, quarterly outlooks, and the three-years plan
- Oversee the timeline of deliverables during the month-end process, align with the relevant partners to ensure that deadlines are met, comment on variances versus forecast, and ensure accuracy and completeness across the board
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- A strong sense of business management and ability to develop data-driven recommendations
- Ability to effectively work with peers and different levels of management
- Familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, or data interpretation and analysis
- Excellent Excel skills - (be prepared for a case study)
- Experience with SQL and data visualization tools (Tableau)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.