What we do. Electric Car Leasing
Why we do it. Greener. Fairer. Future.
We’re looking for a Finance Operations Administrator to help us run a slick, efficient support function that enables our sales and customer service teams to provide great service to customers. You will be a key link between the central finance team and the local Commercial, Operational and Sales departments.
We need someone that has a great eye for detail, is comfortable in owning a process and always looking for ways to improve as the business grows.
What you'll do
- Manage the process to ensure the vehicle purchases are paid on time
- Own the process of drawing down funds from our asset finance partners to fund vehicles. This includes checking that documentation is completed accurately, project managing the process of submitting requests when needed, and coordinating with operations to ensure the process never delays a delivery for a customer
- Review the payments we make to our funders each month to ensure they match expectations and help to resolve any queries
- Help prepare monthly reporting packs for our funders (i.e. pulling together information including management accounts, KPIs on fleet growth, new clients on-boarded etc)
- Help prepare for funder audits, including showing the funder where and how we store documents
- Own certain balance sheet reconciliations
- Work with our Finance and Operations teams to review monthly invoicing and direct debits to ensure our clients are being charged in line with their contracts
- Work with the wider Finance and Operations teams to put in place the processes and systems you need to deliver on the responsibilities above efficiently. This could be anything from a spreadsheet to working with our tech and product colleagues to build more automated and highly scalable processes
What you'll need
- Excellent Excel/G-suite working knowledge and experience
- Excellent attention to detail as some parts will be repetitive but accuracy is extremely important
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style to achieve maximum impact upon relevant situations and audience
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and a wide range of stakeholders
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude with confidence in your own abilities
What you'll love about us...
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub -Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.
More Information on Octopus Energy
Octopus Energy operates in the Energy industry. The company is located in Houston, TX. Octopus Energy was founded in 2015. It has 724 total employees. To see all 42 open jobs at Octopus Energy, click here.
Read Full Job Description