Title: Finance Manager - Northwest Region
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday-Friday (8a-5p)
Hospital: Ascension St. Mary Hospital
Location: Partial Remote Opportunity
*Must live in the greater Chicagoland area
Ascension is an award-winning health system committed to delivering compassionate care to nearly 6.6 million residents in Chicago and its surrounding suburbs.
Our compassionate, talented team members are the real source of our strength. This is why we invest so heavily in their well-being. Offering robust education and training resources, as well as innovative practice groups and networks, we make it easier to deliver compassionate, quality care, and achieve success.
We Offer You:
- Competitive wages
- Affordable medical and dental
- Retirement match
- PTO and paid holidays
- Significant professional opportunities
- And so much more!
What You Will Do
Manage financial analysis and reporting.
- Perform major role in monthly closing activities and financial statement preparation.
- Review technical areas.
- Review, analyze and ensure the accuracy of the financial and statistical reports for presentation to management.
- Manage activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Conduct special financial studies and projections and develop recommendations for financial decision making.
- Design, develop and modify financial models through use of appropriate databases; manage special projects as assigned, including research, forecasting and exploring viable alternatives.
- Present proactive ideas about creating operational efficiencies within the Network and the assigned operating units.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Accountant credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation preferred.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience required.
- 5 years of experience preferred.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience preferred.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- BS in Finance
- Healthcare financial background
- Reibursement knowledge
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Illinois, one of the largest health systems in Illinois, with 15 hospitals and over 150 sites of care, serves over 6.6 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area. A career at Ascension means you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all.
Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.