Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
As a Finance Manager at Motive, you will provide support to the Sales, Sales Operations, Supply Chain, and Hardware Engineering teams by facilitating unit- demand, data, subscription, and inventory planning.
In this role, you will enable data-driven decisions by providing financial and operational analytics, insights, and recommendations. We’re looking for an independent thinker, someone meticulous about drilling down and understanding data, a self-starter, a great communicator, and someone who enjoys collaborating and business partnering with diverse and talented people.What You'll Do:
- Forecasting – Develop both Sales and Return demand rolling forecast, reporting, and analysis. Combine both quantitative and qualitative research to improve forecasting accuracy, highlight risks and opportunities.
- Supply Chain - Partner with Supply Chain to develop insightful analysis on inventory, spot buys, PPV, and freight. Develop KPI metrics to measure supply chain costs.
- Business Performance Reporting: Support development of monthly/quarterly management review presentations. Manage annual, monthly, weekly, and daily reporting.
- Business Partnering – Develop trusted relationships with Sales, Finance, and Supply chain leadership. Collaborate with leaders to understand Key drivers, trends, and opportunities and share insights and recommendations.
- Business Processes and Reporting – Become acquainted with business processes and highlight reporting automation and process improvements opportunities. Assist with the development and maintenance of Tableau dashboards and other business intelligence reporting.
- Operational Projects and Ad-hoc Analysis - Collaborate on inventory-related projects and ad-hoc analyses to support leaders’ business decisions.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong financial modeling, forecasting, statistics, and analytics skills
- Strong communication and cross-collaboration skills with both peers and executives
- Experience with SaaS metrics, Supply Chain inventory, and GAAP accounting concepts
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.
- Tableau, Adaptive and SQL / Macro programming experience are a plus.
- Hands-on experience preferred on NetSuite, Salesforce, and Zuora.
- Experience in a fast-paced, startup environment
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at Motive. Motive considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.