Finance Manager at Medallion (Remote)
Healthcare is going through an unprecedented transformation towards digital care. Medallion provides the critical administrative infrastructure to make that change possible. Our platform enables organizations to license their providers in new states, verify existing credentials, and get in-network with health plans. In just over two years, we’ve launched our platform, built an all-star team, powered hundreds of great companies, and served thousands of healthcare providers across the industry. To date, Medallion has saved over 250,000 administrative hours for our customers!
Founded in 2020, Medallion has raised $85M from world-class investors like Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, Optum Ventures, and Salesforce Ventures.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Head of Finance, this role will serve as a key partner to our Sales, Marketing, EPD and Operations teams to both help better analyze Medallion’s business today as well as provide the data and insights necessary to achieve our strategic and financial plans over the long term. This role requires a well-rounded individual who has demonstrated the ability to deliver results in a high-growth, dynamic, and fast-paced environment. You are versatile, analytical, detail-oriented, intellectually curious, and a strong communicator. The ideal candidate is a collaborative team player who is passionate about healthcare technology and happiest in a fast-paced, action-oriented environment.
FinOps / FP&A
- Prepare financial reporting deliverables (month-end close package, BvA) to provide transparency into the key drivers of Medallion’s business performance, including working closely with Medallion’s external Accounting team and cross-functional business partners to ensure correct accounting treatment of transactional activities
- Collaborate with HR and Talent to manage all processes related to Medallion’s headcount planning and management
- Partner with Medallion’s Sales, Marketing, and Analytics teams to develop and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) in order to drive insights and inform cross-functional decision making
- Assist with implementing new software and workflows to increase automation or efficiency to internal processes, including invoicing and payments
- Play a key role in supporting our consolidated strategic and financial planning processes, including helping to maintain and refine our integrated financial models, systems, and tools
- Partner with Sales, Operations, EPD, and Analytics to analyze and project gross margins for each of Medallion’s core products
- Support ROI analyses and pricing discussions for existing and new services (in close partnership with Product Marketing, Operations and Sales)
- Work directly with the Head of Finance on investor reporting and relations, board communications, and fundraising
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of experience in a relevant finance environment. We are particularly interested in some combination of experience in investment banking, consulting, venture capital AND FP&A at a high-growth startup
- Clear understanding of finance & accounting principles as well as how to distill top-level business performance metrics into actionable data and analysis
- The ability to thrive in ambiguity, yet drive process and structure across an organization
- Meticulous attention to detail - you can build a model from scratch, as well as audit and adapt existing financial models and other analyses
- Experience with financial analysis and forecasting, including past experience with three statement financial modeling and annual planning processes
- Previous professional experience in Enterprise SaaS and/or Healthcare
- Knowledge of SQL