Finance Manager, International at thredUP (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:57 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, March 30, 2022
thredUP is transforming resale with technology and a mission to inspire a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first. By making it easy to buy and sell secondhand, thredUP has become one of the world’s largest resale platforms for women’s and kids’ apparel, shoes and accessories. Sellers love thredUP because we make it easy to clean out their closets and unlock value for themselves or for the charity of their choice while doing good for the planet. Buyers love shopping value, premium and luxury brands all in one place, at up to 90% off estimated retail price. Our proprietary operating platform is the foundation for our managed marketplace and consists of distributed processing infrastructure, proprietary software and systems and data science expertise. In 2018, we extended our platform with thredUP’s Resale-As-A-Service (RaaSⓇ), which facilitates modern resale for a number of the world’s leading brands and retailers. thredUP has processed over 125 million unique secondhand items from 35,000 brands across 100 categories. By extending the life cycle of clothing, thredUP is changing the way consumers shop and ushering in a more sustainable future for the fashion industry.
How You Will Make An Impact
We are looking for a detail-oriented and strategically minded Finance Manager to join our FP&A team supporting international growth. As the Finance Manager, your responsibilities include leading financial planning and budgeting processes, driving decision-making through analysis of financial statements and reports, shaping and building financial models including sales reporting & forecasting, preparing projections, consolidating & integrating new acquisition reporting into thredUP models and performing research and analysis as may be required by leadership. In this role, you will also be responsible for providing the international team & internal business partners with financial guidance and leading monthly close processes. This is a highly visible role with great growth potential.
To be successful as a Finance Manager, you should be able to perform a variety of financial activities including planning, analysis, budgeting, and reporting. You should also have strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills. The finance manager along with the analyst will also distill large data sets to create succinct reports/models, which will be leveraged by senior leaders for strategic decision-making.
In This Role You’ll Get To:
- Work with a diverse team located across the world
- Learn about investment and acquisition strategies
- Review and analyze financial statements and reports for diverse business units
- Track KPIs and prepare financial reports
- Assist with budgeting and monthly close processes
- Understand key business drivers for both an international and domestic business
- Assist project teams & internal business owners with financial guidance
- Develop financial projections and build financial models
- Perform research and analysis as required
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field
- 4+ years of experience in financial planning, analysis, modeling, and forecasting
- Self-starter and ability to take end-to-end ownership of projects
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, comfortable in a fast-paced data-driven business environment with the ability to multitask
- Proven ability to prioritize effectively, achieve commitments and deliver results
What We Offer:
- 4-day work week with Fridays off
- Competitive salary (we leverage market data) + stock
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Flexible PTO (take the time you need) + 13 company holidays (US offices)
- Paid Sabbatical after 3 years of full time employment
- Generous paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and disability insurance offered
- We live by our Core Values of Transparency, SpeakingUP, Thinking Big, Infinite Learning, Influencing Outcomes & Seeking the Truth
- Voted “50 Most Innovative Companies of 2020”
- RaaS - Finalist in Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards 2021
- 2021 FORTUNE Change the World Finalist
We believe diversity, inclusion and belonging is key for our team.
At thredUP, our mission has been built on extending the lives of millions of unique clothing items. Much like our inventory, we are proud to have fostered a workplace that is one-of-a-kind. As a company focused on diversity, inclusion and belonging, we are committed to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems and inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. Be you.
More Information on thredUP
thredUP operates in the Fashion industry. The company is located in Oakland, CA, Phoenix, AZ, Scottsdale, AZ, Vernon Hills, IL, Duluth, GA and Mechanicsburg, PA. thredUP was founded in 2009. It has 719 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 18 open jobs at thredUP, click here.
Read Full Job Description